Chapter twenty four

Half an hour later and the door to the Liera's household reopened , Leon's grim face still trying to uphold his smile as he hugged Sarah warmly , saying their goodbyes

Half an hour later and the door to the Liera's household reopened , Leon's grim face still trying to uphold his smile as he hugged Sarah warmly , saying their goodbyes .

It made June scoff at the ridiculousness of it all , watching with narrowed eyes as Sarah , Tyler and lulu all got into the car before pulling out of their driveway .

She felt nothing but a grid of darkness swirling in her chest , chewing on her cheek angrily as she fought to push down the urge to do something that she couldn't reverse the damage of .

Recalling how they had doubted Jett , and even called him a freak making her fists tighten on her lap . Jett was the only reason she hadn't lost her fucking mind and hiked it out of this town already .

He fed her all her favourite food . He showed her how to do new things without being condescending , patiently guiding her until she could do it herself .

Jett wasn't the freak in this town . Everybody else was the problem , everyone was trying to too damn hard to portray the perfect little picture of family , success and everything in between .

Afraid of the cracks in there big modern homes, instead using every vanity tool they could use to disguise it .

Not of it was fooling June . Everybody in this town were afraid of being themselves . Were afraid of being seen as something other than the perfect 'normal ' they had structured in there heads . When not of it even existed or held out as soon as the door clicked shut .

She hated it . There was no such thing as 'normal'.

What was insane to one person was a haven to another .

What was beautiful to one man was fake and ugly to another . There's always two sides to the coin . Man and woman . Vague or a liar . Green and blue . Rich or poor . Bad and good . Heaven or hell.

There was always a painted vision on the other side of the glass , it just depended on which side of the illusion you were viewing it from .

Evil and godliness . The evil man does not think he is evil as he rids the toxic world of sin . He is doing a favour to his community , to his people .

He slays in the name of religion , of peace , of freedom . He kills the rapist because it would be his honour . He sees it as the right thing to do .

A warrant is put out for his arrest because it is wrong . This makes the man angry because this evilness had raped the innocence and light out of a hundred women . Yet he is to be punished because his actions are wrong . He doesn't see it this way .

Two different minds , two different eyes , two different beliefs .

A young girl believes in being herself , even if being herself means being there version of ugly . She finds the ugly to be so soft and warm , they know what's it like to fight for everything that they have .