Chapter thirty eight

The night of June's twentieth birthday came around with a loud clash of thunder lighting up sky , a light drizzle of rain could been seen racing slowly down each window in there home

The night of June's twentieth birthday came around with a loud clash of thunder lighting up sky , a light drizzle of rain could been seen racing slowly down each window in there home .

Sitting in front of her vanity with a soft sigh she let her eyes follow the drops of rain , a weird feeling of both excitement and unsettlement washing over her .

She was no longer a teenager anymore . She didn't exactly know how to feel about it either . Twenty seemed like such a more serious number , no more 'it's just what teenagers do' as an excuse for her whiplash behaviour .

Twenty years of boredom . Twenty years of nothing but misery and pain . June wondered if today would be the start of the new supposed chapter of her life , the pages had got to turn sometime didn't they? She couldn't stay stuck on chapter nineteen forever , she wanted to see what would happen next .

So many unanswered questioned joined the fogginess of her mind , her hand following her usual routine as she began to get to get ready . She had declined Cora's generous offer for them to get ready for her party together . June couldn't think of anything worse .

Apparently things weren't so sunny in her friends love life anymore , the various texts of complaints and fear of breaking up littered her phone .

June had long grown annoyed of hearing about it , she neither wanted to know or cared enough to hear about it . She had her own problems going on , Cora was the least of her worries .

She hasn't been able to look her father in the eye since she had found those hidden photographs, they had stayed buried deep in her bag away from her own prying eyes . She hasn't even shown them to Jett . For some reason she didn't want to understand , she felt ashamed .

She felt confused , unwanted , and responsible for her mother's own disgust towards her . She didn't want her or need her , June had ruined her life .

She didn't know what to feel . She she chose to feel nothing at all.

She had woken up that morning to jett's crooked smile beaming down at her , his eyes soft and welcoming as he took her into his strong arms and wished her a happy birthday .

He had kissed her slowly , twenty times until her stomach had rumbled loudly and demanded to be fed . Upon her request he had made her chocolate chip pancakes , waffles and sausage with a side of some cute , little colourful French macaroons he had made her while she was asleep .

She couldn't have loved him more that morning .

Her heart had felt wanted , needed and held firmly within his own chest as he had gently caressed her neck , moving her hair aside before his rough fingers had carefully clasped a dainty , silver necklace between her collarbones .

It was a simple heart being held by two small hands , he had personally engraved the day they had met onto the back , so small that you could barely see it . Inside were two small pictures . One of jett's  fingerprint and the other was one of the two of them , cheek to cheek with him smiling down at her like she was everything to him and more .