Chapter thirty one

After spending another hour tucked away with Sammy in her cafe , the couple were finally on there way to there original destination

After spending another hour tucked away with Sammy in her cafe , the couple were finally on there way to there original destination .

With a promise to visit Sammy soon , with a hint of babies and not getting any younger , June was feeling more than happy with how their day was turning out .

Looking over at Jett with a grin, she spoke "I really liked her ." She told him seriously . Still in awe of the strange woman .

She couldn't wait to get home and paint her , perhaps she could send it to her when it was finished too . The thought was exciting , being apart of something and someone that made Jett happy all those years ago .

Jett groaned in mock misery.

"I don't think I could cope with the two of you , my brain might just explode !" He exclaimed widening his eyes at her , his chest warming at the little genuine giggle she gave .

He hasn't seen her so happy before . The feeling was contagious .

Playing with with her hair , she sighed loudly.

"She really was lovely . She seemed to like me didn't she ?" She said proudly . Missing the way his face softened at her childish admission .

The thought of June worrying wether someone would like her or not made him realise just how insecure of herself she could be .

She just had a good way of hiding it . She would have made a brilliant actress , he thought briefly .

Poking her in the shoulder to get her attention again.

"You're very easy to like ." He told her bluntly as he drove down a separate road that led passed a long stream of lake . The traffic growing thinner the longer they drove .

She scoffed loudly at that.

"Is it Opposite Day ? I think you've got that muddled up . It's not very often that people like me Jett , I'm not very easy to handle you see ." She frowned to herself , crossing her legs into a yoga position as she looked outside the window screen curiously .