chapter thirty four

The next morning june woke up to the smell of strong coffee and sweat

The next morning june woke up to the smell of strong coffee and sweat . Grimacing as she tried to lift her head , her cheeks sticking damply to a bare chest beneath her .

A sharp twang vibrates between her ears as she squeezes her eyes back shut tightly , the throbbing in her head making her whimper .

Shit fuck.

Her mouth tasted disgusting , grimacing as her tongue pressed against the dry roof of her mouth desperate for water .

A steady heartbeat thrummed soothingly beneath her ear . Counting each beat she inhaled slowly , holding her breath for four seconds before exhaling for six .

Fighting away her sudden rush of nausea she cracked open one eye gently this time around .

"I think I'm dying ." The words fumbled out incoherently as she winced against the bright light shining through the room. They had forgot to close the curtains last night .

Syd grumbled underneath her , his hand clumsily cupping the back of her head in a half hearted attempt to pull her back down .

"Shhh. Sleep . Sleep." He sleepily moaned, his palm accidentally siding over her face instead .

Nose crinkled she turned her head sideways away from his hand .

"No , no more ." She groggily slurred carefully sitting up onto his stomach and shifting herself sideways so her feet dangled lazily on the ground .

"Get up ." She muttered yawning , her hand reaching behind her to slap against his chest repeatedly .

Syd groaned miserably , squinting his eyes up at her "you fucking monster . Waking me up . Crazy girl." He slurred attempting to turn his head and go back to sleep .

June was having none of it. Her hair standing up in every direction and eyeliner smudged under her eyes messily , she was not in the mood .

Pinching his boxer clad hip sharply "get up ." She relates sternly "I'm hungry ." She croaked after a moment feeling her stomach rumble .

Huffing he finally fully opened his eyes and glared over at her from where she had her butt perched on his stomach .

Grimacing he lifted his shoulders up and rubbed the sleep away from his face , grumbling to himself .

"Fine . Bloody woman . Bossing me around ." He muttered pushing her off him .

Winding as the jostling rattled her already aching head she stumbled after into the kitchen .

"Painkillers ?" She croaked , Syd pointing lazily over to the draw beside him .

She wasted no time pulling it open and popping two paracetamols into her mouth , leaning over the sink she tilted her head under the tap and pulled it on .