Chapter twenty three

By the time the sun had set June was thoroughly worn out and ready to crash

By the time the sun had set June was thoroughly worn out and ready to crash .

Waving goodbye to Jett as he pulled away from outside her curb after dropping her home , a satisfied smirk on both of their lips as he kissed her goodnight .

She was feeling good , calm and sedated, barely even registering the strange black corvette car that was on her driveway behind her fathers .

Pausing on the doorstep as she looked back at it briefly with lowered brows .

Who's fucking car was that?

"Please not tonight." She groaned miserably up to the darkening sky , taking in a deep breath to gather herself before opening the front door .

Her sense were immediately hit with the smell of warm and spicy food , her nostrils flaring as she looked around at the spotless living room that had been a dump when she left .

Hesitantly walking out into the open , loud chattering voices greeted her ears as she froze in the arch of the kitchen .

Her eyes scanning the unwanted guests in front of her .

There was a tall honey blonde woman seated next to her father at the table with big brown eyes and a nice smile .

On the opposite side and starting right at her were two teenagers , a boy and a girl who's eyes grew wide at the sight of her disheveled hair and wrinkled shirt .

The one on the right had brown short hair close to his scalp with the same big eyes as the now silent woman who was staring nervously back at her .

And the one on the left had the same honey blonde hair but instead her eyes were a soft blue . A bright pink headband holding back her perfectly straightened hair and pretty pale dress.

Finally her eyes met her father and she couldn't stop the scowl from deepening on her face .

He looked anxious and more than annoyed at her . His fingers twitching around the napkin in his hand before he cleared his throat .