Chapter nineteen

June groaned miserably as her eyes took in the empty space beside her on the bed

June groaned miserably as her eyes took in the empty space beside her on the bed . Frowning bitterly as she realised that jett hadn't even bothered following her to bed last night , she must have cried herself to sleep .

The sun was bright and warm through the window , the heat falling down onto her bare legs as she struggled to sit up out of the comfortableness of the multiple blankets that made her want to drift back off into dreamland where nothing could hurt her .

She really didn't want to think about last night at all .

She was still pissed that he felt the need to behave so aggressively towards her when all she was doing was have some fun . Was he going to lash out over every little thing she did ? June Liera was not a girl to be controlled . Certainly not by a man who seemed to think he had some sick sense of ownership over her because she had kissed him .

Scowling to herself as she slipped reluctantly out of the sheets , shivering slightly from the cool air before she hurriedly grabbed one of jett's flannels from the floor and buttoned it up .

"Bloody moron." She muttered , still pouting , as she slipped out of the bedroom and padded down into the living room/kitchen area and immediately locking eyes with a guilty looking jett.

She vowed to herself ignore him as she pulled out a stool and plopped down on it , resting her head into her elbows with a grumpy grumble that rivalled his own .

Feeling a shameful flush tickle his skin as he took sight of her bloody and bruised knees that she was swinging back and forth . Her eyes looked dry and puffy , red rings of upset clear as day , making him look away and focus his gaze back down to the pan in front of him .

Clearing his throat . He bit his lip unsure of what to say , so he went with the only thing that came to mind .

"Omelettes?" He offered sheepishly , lifting up the pan so she could see the two choices .

Her mouth slavaiting at the sight of the fluffy eggs , squinting her eyes at him suspiciously .

"Are you trying to butter me up?" She asked him bluntly , her face pale and blank .

His eyes fluttering for a moment before he twisted his lips to the side .

"More like egging you up . But no . Just want to feed you that's all." He muttered abashed , not being able to hold eye contact for long as he slid the cheesy bacon omelette on a plate for her .

He had a feeling she wouldn't be up for the veggy one considering she had only tried her first stir fry the other week. Best not push it . She was already mad at him as it was .

Suspicious , she observed him for another minute before giving in . Only because her stomach was trying to eat itself .

"Okay . Pass me the ketchup ." She demanded rudely . Snatching the plate from his hands and digging in without hesitation .