Chapter 9

"WAKE UP PEYTON!" Calum burst into the hotel room that I shared with Molly. He ran towards my bed as fast as he could before jumping up in the air and landing on my bed.

"How the hell did you get in here?" I muttered as I attempted to pull the blanket up while Calum tried to pull it down. "Stop pulling my blanket down."

"Why? Did you sleep naked?" I couldn't see his face but I knew he was probably smirking behind me.

"No. I just don't want to get out of bed." I tugged harder this time.

"But it's your birthday and I got you a present and I have a big day planned for us."

"What are we going to do today? You have the Hershey concert today so it's not like we can really go anywhere." I reminded him.

"Stop asking questions and get dressed." He flipped on the lamp light and cuddled into me more, wrapping his arms around me and then starting to tickle me. I was extremely ticklish so I immediately started kicking the blankets and eventually the bed only contained Calum and me. "Come on babe. I have your first present of the day." He begged me and I knew that I wasn't going to get anymore sleep.

"I'm going to get ready. Don't walk into the bathroom." I warned him as I stood up from the bed. I finally opened my eyes for the first time today and saw that it was only 9am. Fantastic.

I turned to face Calum, "Hi."

"You're wearing one of my favorite tank tops." I pointed to the All Time Low sling he was wearing.

"I wore it just for the occasion."

"That's cute." I slid out of bed and walked towards my closed suitcase.

"I'm going to grab your first gift from my bedroom and I'll be back. Try not to take too long because I'm excited."

"You're more excited for my birthday than I am." I giggled as I dug through my suitcase and successfully decided on a outfit that consisted of high waisted denim shorts that had been washed out, a grey bralet crop top and a pair of white converse. I changed quickly and stared at myself in the mirror. I was definitely missing something.

I grabbed my phone and texted Cal.

Hey, can I borrow that red flannel that you brought but never wear?

I searched around for my sunglasses for about 30 seconds before I heard the sound of my phone vibrating on the wooden dresser.

Anything for the birthday girl.

I shook my head and combed my hair into a high pony tail. I put my sunglasses on top of my head and started to lace up my converse when Calum walked back into the room with his flannel which he immediately tossed in my direction. I finished lacing up my shoes and then put on the large flannel.

"Damn."

"What?" I suddenly felt conscious about what I was wearing.

"Nothing. It's just you look really good."

"You're being really nice today.

"It's your birthday. It's the one day that I have to be uber nice to you." He chuckled.

"What's behind your back?" I noticed his hands holding a box the size of say a skateboard.

"Happy Birthday present number one." He handed me the box and I brought it over towards the bed. It was a little heavier than I expected, but I wasn't complaining.

I ripped off the wrapping paper to reveal a brown box. I threw the paper to the side and struggled to open the box itself, but succeeded after a minute or two. "Oh my god Cal. Do you want to make me fat?" I stared at the five pound chocolate bar that was sitting in front of me.