Chapter 13

It had been almost a week and a half since Calums kissed me at the bowling alley. He said he was drunk when it happened, but something just seemed so off about him. I couldn't exactly put a finger on it, but it felt like he was treating me differently. I thought that maybe Ashton had confronted him about the kiss, but Ash said that he didn't and I believed him. In response to the whole thing, I avoided Calum and tried to make it seem like I wasn't avoiding him.

Ashton was keeping Calum busy again today and I was sitting in the back of the bus with Luke watching How I Met Your Mother, aka our favorite show. I would've gone out with Molly but Michael said he had something big planned for them today so I wasn't going to interrupt that. She promised me that we could have a girl's day out soon though which was perfect because I think that Calum was getting tired of constantly hanging out with Ashton for the last two weeks. Luke was probably getting tired of having to hang out with me too honestly.

Luke was sitting on his phone, probably tweeting or texting one of the other boys while I watched an episode that I must've seen a hundred times but it didn't matter to me. I laughed as Barney did something stupid, as usual.

"Hey Pey." I heard Luke's voice next to me as I grabbed the remote and turned the volume down so that I could hear him better.

"What's up Lucas?" I sat up and faced him.

Luke read something on his screen, typed back quickly and then looked up at me. "Is everything ok with you and Calum?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with you and I love you like a sister, but it's weird that you've wanted to hang out with me and Ashton has wanted to hang out with Calum so much lately. Usually it's just me and Ash because you and Calum are of doing something stupid."

"I just wanted to hang out with you more and Ash wanted to hang out with Calum more. There's nothing wrong." I lied.

"Pey, you and Calum can't spend more than three days apart and he was miserable without his best friend on the European leg of the tour. Like, he missed you more than I've ever seen anyone miss another human being and now that he has you here with him, why would he want to spend time away from you. He literally spends almost every waking moment with you."

"Liar." I huffed out.

"Ok, minus the moments when we have rehearsal, are talking to fans, or are on stage, he's with you."

"So..."

"Peyton," Luke used my full name which was weird because he always called me Pey or some weird nickname that he gave me that I'm not going to address. "I know that something is up." He checked his phone again as it vibrated.

"There's nothing wrong." I told him again.

"That's not what the rest of us think." He said in more of a hushed tone.

"Who is the rest of us?"

"Calum, me, Michael, Molly a little, even my mom."

"Why does it even matter?" I knew that Luke had a better point than me and would probably win this argument but I was going to fight him as long as I possibly could.

Luke ignored my question and asked another one, "when was the last time that the two of you hung out alone?"

"The birthday party." I answered honestly.

"Exactly."

"Luke, you aren't making any sense." I whined.

"No, you aren't making any sense." Luke quickly texted someone again.