Chapter 22

"Thanks for offering to hang out with me today Luke." I closed the hotel door quietly, making sure not to wake up Ashton. "I actually didn't even think you'd be able to function today."

"Why would you think that?" Luke laughed with a confused tone.

"Because I thought you'd be drunk. Ashton came back to the hotel room last night at 4am piss drunk and mumbling stuff about Calum and making me feel like shit.

"First of all, I'm not legal here and I'm not about to break a few laws when I'm not with just the people I know or alone with you guys. Secondly, how do you think that Ashton and Calum found their way home last night. Someone had to make sure they didn't pass out in a bar or something. Thirdly, what could Ashton say to make you feel like shit?" Luke raised an eyebrow towards me.

"He just made me feel shitty about the whole Calum situation. I mean, I've been feeling really shitty about the whole thing without his comments but still."

"Understandable I guess. Ashton is a nice guy but if he needs to make you feel like shit, then I can guarantee you that you will never feel worse in your entire life." Luke agreed, ducking his head as we left out the back exit of the hotel. Usually he'd try to go out the front and say hi to some fans, but security has been really strict lately and he knew that I probably wasn't in the mood.

"I know. I've known up with him for too long."

"I don't think it's possible to know someone for too long."

"Apparently that's how it is for Calum and I."

"Peyton, stop stressing over the Calum thing. I thought we were going out so that you didn't have to sit in your room and think about Calum." Luke reminded me, "and we only have a few hours before I have to be back here for rehearsals for the last show of the American leg of the tour and I can't be late or I'm dead."

"Sorry," I apologized, "you are right."

"It happens." Luke held his arms open and leaned in towards me, just to rub it in my face a little bit longer.

"So, are you excited for the last show?" I changed the topic of the conversation.

"Yeah. I mean, it isn't really bittersweet yet because I know that we're going to be seeing the boys and touring again in a month or two and so I'm not really sad about the situation, ya know?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm going to miss the One Direction boys though. They were a fun group." I sighed.

"You'll see them again in Australia. Even if you and Calum aren't on good terms, we are still friends and I'm still going to make sure that you come to a show or two."

"We'll see about that one Hemmings." We stopped on a street corner and looked both ways before running across the street.

"You ready to move into the house tomorrow? It'll be nice to have a place where we'll be for a while because I'm tired of having to constantly pack up and move from hotel room to hotel room."

"I'm really excited for the house to be honest. Like you said, having to move all the time sucks and it'll be nice to unpack my things and reorganize them in a nice way. My suitcase is a complete mess right now to be honest with you. I'm constantly digging through it."

"It's alright. I constantly wear the same outfits because I'm too lazy to dig through my suitcase to be honest with you."

"You are really lazy Lucas."

"Probably because I hang out with this girl Peyton and she has a negative influence on me."

"Oh shut up." I smiled and hit his arm.