Chapter 33

Calum's P.O.V.

Luke's eyes stared at me with a combination of annoyance and disbelief.

I wanted to be mad at him for not taking Peyton to the beach. I wanted to be mad at Peyton for just walking into my bedroom without a good warning. I wanted to hate everyone else because they were asleep and I couldn't even listen for a warning sound to tell me that they were home.

The only person that I could hate was myself though.

"You bitch!" I heard Lucy scream from the top of the stairs, glancing up and Luke before we both made our way up the stairs quickly to see Lucy pointing at Peyton whose back was against the wall and tears were starting to fill her eyes. The loud screaming of the females, well Lucy, caused the rest of the band and Molly to walk out into the hallway to see the mess that I managed to make within a few hours.

"What?" Peyton's voice sounded strained and defeated.

"I was this close." Lucy held up two little fingers with a small space between them, showing how close she thought that she was.

"I'm sorry." Peyton apologized.

"You should be."

"Don't worry, I am." Peyton agreed. "But you don't have to worry anymore, you can have him." Peyton held her arms up and the tears had been held back to a point of where I couldn't see them on her face anymore.

"Let go of me Michael." I saw Molly trying to get out of her room, but Michael's grip was just about as strong as Molly's motivation to hit Lucy. I had seen the look in her eyes before and it was easy to see.

"No," Michael argued in a hushed tone.

"Do it or you aren't getting laid for the rest of this trip." Molly threatened and I don't think that I've ever seen Michael let go of something so quickly.

At least he had his priorities in order.

"Listen here you little shithead. You can either walk your grimy little ass out of our house or you can get hit. What your're doing to Peyton is so-" She paused, "I just- you're so pathetic." SHe sighed this time, "Clearly Calum doesn't understand how Peyton feels, but I know you do. I mean, why would you be threatening Peyton and calling her a bitch if you didn't feel threatened by her? It's obvious that Calum likes her and why he was making out with you just doesn't make sense because frankly, he can do better."

"Like Peyton?" Lucy scoffed. "Do you really think that Peyton is better than me?"

When I heard Lucy's question, even though she wasn't directing it towards me, I wanted to answer it. Was Lucy really worth the pain I had caused to Peyton?

My thoughts were disrupted by more screaming and fighting expressed from Molly's mouth.

"Wait," Molly held a finger up, "I'm not done sweetheart and frankly your opinions don't matter to me." She shrugged, "back to what I was saying... Where was I?" Molly thought for a second, "Oh, to fuck around with Calum to piss Peyton off and make her seem like she's insane? Are you joking me? That's low, even for someone like you. And if you thought that you could just easily get away with this because these boys are too nice to put people in their place and Peyton is just Peyton, then wow..."

Lucy opened her mouth to say something again, but Molly once again started to talk and drown her out, "you know, you knew Calum a while ago. If you liked him, then why didn't you do anything about it then? Huh? But no, Calum was single and didn't have anyone in his life so why would you like him? But the minute that you saw Peyton, you wanted him? Doesn't that say something about you? God, I hate people like you."