Chapter 38

Peyton's POV

"So when are you going to talk to him?" Ashton barged into my bedroom, collapsing on the bed and using my thighs as a pillow so he could look up at me.

"What do you mean?" I rolled my eyes.

"When are you going to talk to Calum?"

"Who said I was going to talk to Calum?" I challenged his statement.

"A little birdy."

I thought of who could've told him something like that and it didn't take long to figure out because there was only a few people that I had been talking to.

"Does this little birdy happen to be six foot three with a quiff?"

"If you're talking about Luke Hemmings, then yes." Ashton caved quickly.

"It's none of your business Ash."

"I'm your older brother; it is my business." He disagreed.

"So, how have you been?" I tried to change the subject.

"I'm good. How was your day out with Luke yesterday?" He just went along with it instead of arguing with me.

"It was fun. We went to the beach, did a lot of talking, he bought me some mexican food; you know, like the typical hang out that I'd do with one of the boys." I explained to him, waiting for him to try to change the subject back to what he originally wanted to talk to me about.

"Sounds fun." He sighed, rolling off of me and sitting next to me while trying to steal the little bit of blanket that I had so he could use it. "You know, Alex was looking for you yesterday when we had the writing session ya know."

"I know, he texted me."

Ashton laughed at me for a second and I just stared at him like he was crazy. "What?"

"You say it like it's a normal and casual thing for Alex from All Time Low to text you."

I shrugged, "I mean, he's just a normal guy."

"A normal guy in your favorite band."

"One of my favorite bands." I was one of those people who could never chose their favorite bands because- I mean come on; it's like asking a mother which child she wants to save.

"Ok, one of your favorite bands but still. You have to admit that is crazy."

"It is. I never thought that I'd have Alex from All Time Low's number in my cell phone." My phone rang next to us, "speak of the devil." I showed Ashton my phone that had a new text from Alex.

"I think you two text more than we do. What do you even talk about?"

"How much we hate your band." I told him and just laughed before tackling me and pinning me under him by sitting on my stomach as I struggled to breathe. "Get off of me you fat ass." I tried to push him off of me but was as unsuccessful as an unsuccessful person could get.

"Only if you tell me about you and talking to Calum."

"No. I'd rather you squish me to death." I just laid there and didn't struggle until Ashton felt bad, caved to me, and got off of me.

"I'm going to go downstairs and get some food if you don't want to talk." Ashton pushed himself off of my bed before leaving my bedroom and leaving me alone.

I had been alone a lot the last few days and even though I definitely needed it, I hated it. I went on runs so frequently because I knew that Luke would join me and I would hang out with the others more but it just felt weird for me to treat everything like it was normal when it was the farthest thing from normal. I don't even remember the last time that I saw Calum and I don't know how he was dealing with this whole thing. I couldn't ask Molly about it because I think she was still mad at Calum about the whole Lucy thing because she could hold grudges for a while, but then again who knows. Michael is probably with Molly all the time so who even knows what goes on with that boy. He's all over then he's no where to be found. I mentioned Calum to Luke once in a while, but he made a big deal out of it because he's like my annoying little brother so I had to be careful with that.