Chapter 31

"Lucas!" I ran around the house.

"Peyton!" I heard the voice get louder as I saw Luke running for me and trying to slow down. However, due to the fact he was wearing socks and this was a hardwood floor, he wasn't successful, causing him to slip onto the ground, taking me down with him; it didn't hurt me though because I landed on Luke instead of on the floor.

Luke moaned under me and I rolled off of him, laughing. I laid on the floor next to him as he breathed, trying to regain his breath because my body falling on him had knocked the wind out of him.

"You ok?" I asked through laughs.

I stood up, extending my hand and helping Luke up as he mumbled sarcastically, "I'm just wonderful."

"Do you want to hang out?" I asked him as soon as I felt he was ok.

"You don't want to hang out with Calum?"

Ashton and Michael were writing and Molly was sleeping because her and Michael went out late last night and didn't get back until early this morning, so hanging out with her wasn't in the picture. That just left Calum and Luke.

"He's probably hanging out with Lucy."

"Did you ask him?"

"Did you not want to hang out with me?" I don't understand why Luke seemed to not want to hang out with me, but I was perfectly fine with just leaving him behind.

Truth was, I didn't want to ask Calum to hang out because I was scared he'd say no and I was tired of that rejection. Let me tell you, rejection sucked.

"No! You know I love hanging out with you," he paused, "it just seems like you and Calum haven't hung out in a while."

"He keeps ditching me for Lucy and you know that." I reminded him.

"True." He let out one last giant sigh, still trying to recompose himself after the fall I guess. "Follow me to my room and let me gather my stuff so that we can go out. Do you have any plans in mind?"

"Not really. Ashton and I went down to the pier last week and that was fun. We didn't swim though because we didn't have bathing suits on."

"Well, why don't you put your swimsuit on and we can go swimming in the ocean?" Luke offered and I nodded, running to my room and putting on attire that would be appropriate for the beach. This included a bikini that I had bought last week when I went out with Molly, one of Calum's old tank tops that was long enough to be a dress on me, flip flops and sunglasses. My hair went up into a messy beach bun and I walked back to Luke's room, knocking before I entered just in case he hadn't finished changing. I mean, even though it should be quick for a guy to change, Luke took almost as long as me when it came to simple tasks.

"Coming!" He called back, opening the door to reveal him in a t-shirt, swim trunks, flip flops, and sunglasses rested on his head. "Is the spray sunblock downstairs?" I nodded. "Good. Wanna help me put it on?"

"Only if you help me." I made an agreement and he easily nodded his head. "We should probably bring it with us too." He nodded again.

We walked down the stairs and while Luke grabbed a drawstring bag, I found the sunblock. He pulled his shirt off over his head and held his arms out to the side so that I could spray him with sunblock. "We are not spraying sunblock in the kitchen by the food. Outside Hemmings." I pointed towards our pool.

I followed Luke as he tripped over ketchup, our dog while we were at the LA house, and stood by the pool, once again with his arms out. I sprayed the sunblock on his body and then used my hands to spread it and make sure that it was applied to the places where Luke couldn't reach. Once Luke was lathered in sunblock, I pulled Calum's shirt off and held my arms out so that he could spray sunblock on me.