Chapter 37

Ashton's POV

It had been a while since the blow up and I guess I could say things were almost back to normal. Keyword is almost.

Forget that, I'm lying. I always try to look on the bright side of things, but I can't with this fucking mess.

The only thing that improved was that I had suppressed the urge to punch Calum in the face. Other than that, the house was divided, still. Peyton was still frequently going on runs. She brought Luke along sometimes, but that was just because he always asked her and I think she felt bad for him because they were the same age and he gave her this puppy face. Now, Peyton wasn't one for resisting the puppy dog face unless she was really against what you were fighting for. You can ask Calum, Harry, Lauren and I guess now Luke. Luke was really the only one that she was talking to. She spoke with Molly too, but that was probably just random girl talk.

At least I had songwriting today. I always liked songwriting. It was a good way to clear my mind.

One problem: I didn't know who I was writing with. Luke was walking around the kitchen, opening vegemite to spread on his toast and I approached him, "so Luke, are we writing together today?"

"Nope." He popped the p on his lips and I tilted my head.

"Do you know who I'm writing with?"

"I do," he nodded, "but you aren't going to like it."

"Calum?" He nodded again, staring down at his toast as to avoid eye contact with me.

"Ok."

"Really?" Luke sounded surprised.

"I can't hate him forever. He's one of my best friends and him and Peyton are something completely separate." I wish that I could believe what I was saying, but I didn't believe a word of it. I know that I said that I had suppressed the urge to punch him, but I'm sure that if he pissed me off again, I would snap.

"That's why you're the oldest in the band." Luke smiled, biting into the corner of his toast.

"Do you know what Peyton is doing today?"

"Going on a run with me, like usual and then I'm not sure. Maybe I'll drag her to the boardwalk or something." Luke shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, totally try and get her out of a house for a while today."

"Why?"

"Don't ask questions Luke." I whined, "please just do it."

"You scared you're going to punch Calum and that Peyton will be here and see it and get mad?" Honestly, yes, minus the punching thing. I didn't want Peyton to be around if something happened and I blew up at Calum or vice versa.

"No." I lied.

"Are you sure?" Luke didn't believe me.

"Luke-" I tensed up.

"Are you sure that you don't want to punch anyone?"

"I might want to punch you." I snap, giving Luke a look of apology but he knew he pushed it too far, so he was giving me the same look.

"I'll try my hardest Ashton." Luke sighed out loud and I took that as a good enough answer. "You know you're writing with Alex today too, right?"

"No, I didn't know that!" I was relieved that I wouldn't have to be alone with Calum. At least I had Alex there to prevent me from punching him if and when he did something wrong to piss me off.

Peyton trotted down the stairs in her workout gear and Luke placed his empty cereal bowl in the sink, getting ready to go on a run with her. "Good morning Pey." I greeted her.