Chapter 7

"What does DC even stand for?" Luke questioned as the six of us and Liz walked out of the hotel.

"Doodle cock." Michael quickly responded.

"Seriously Michael?" Molly gave his a disgusted look before hitting him on the arm.

"District of Columbia." Ashton gave a real answer.

"I'm so excited to see the Lincoln Memorial." Luke sighed.

"You're sucha nerd." Calum teased him, earning a slight chuckle from everyone including Liz.

"Shut up Calum." Luke retaliated.

Within a few minutes, Liz, Luke, and Ashton were ahead of everyone else. It was a combination of many things. It included the fact that they didn't want to be with the lovebirds and the fact that I got easily distracted. Surprisingly, Molly and Michael were even ahead of Calum and me, but then again, it shouldn't have really been a surprise because like I already mentioned, I'm like a kid in a candy store. History was my favorite subject in school and I was fascinated by American history so I couldn't help myself.

"Oh my god, look at that Calum." I pointed towards the Washington Monument that seemed so massive from a distance that I didn't even want to imagine how big it was up close. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of it.

I paused just to stare at it, forgetting that everyone else was ahead of us. "Come on you nut job. We can't lose the others because I have no idea where the hell we are and I'm almost 423% positive that the same goes for you." Calum laughed, grabbing my arm and trying to pull me forwards. I tried to stand my ground, but eventually the strength of him pulled me forward and put me back in motion.

"It'll be fine if we lose them Calum! I'm sure that anyone on the street could tell us where the Lincoln Memorial is. It's a tourist attraction for fucksake."

"Ashton wouldn't be too happy if we lost them."

"Ashton doesn't control me." I reminded Calum.

"He's your older brother."

"Not by blood relation." Sometimes I wish that I was actually blood related to Ashton because life would be so different. And by different, I mean better than it had been before I moved in with the Irwins.

"I don't care. It wouldn't stop him from killing me." Calum explained.

"But there is so much to see! Can't we stop for just a bit? Please?" I begged him.

He rolled his eyes at me while trying to avoid my puppy face stare. He let go of me and trusted me to walk next to him. "We can do that stuff later." He pretended to promise me, but I'm sure that it wouldn't happen because of the show later tonight.

"That's a lie." I called him out on it. "We all know you have a show later and we have other things we have to do. And tomorrow we're all going to sleep in extremely late, wake up and go to the stones concert."

"So, what if that is what we do? What are you going to do about it?" Calum challenged it.

"I'm going to ditch you and explore on my own and we all know how that will turn out?"

"How will it turn out?"

"You'll glance at the group, and then back at me, then back at the group and end up staying with me because you'd rather be with me. We all know it's going to happen sooner or later." I smirked at him as I walked back a few feet to get a better view of a building. "Annoying much?"

Calum did exactly as I expected. He glanced at the group, then at me, and once again at the group before walking towards me. "It's so fucking annoying when you're right." He sighed. "I think I hate you."