Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache. I was assuming it was from the alcohol that I consumed last night. It wasn't bad but I wasn't expecting it to be because of the fact I didn't intake much last night.

I ran my fingers over my temples and rolled over, feeling something under my back that made laying down extremely uncomfortable. I arched my back and snaked my hand behind me, feeling something fluffy and pulling it out from under me.

A penguin.

Of course it was the penguin that Cal had won me last night (even though I told him he didn't need to). I ran my fingers over the soft fabric of the stuffed animal and smiled at it. It was cuter than I remembered it too be honest, not that I'm complaining or anything.

I glanced at the window and hid my eyes from the sunlight. I could only imagine how awful Calum was going to feel when he saw the sunlight. He was so wasted last night he probably drank the most out of everyone at the party. I'm surprised that he wasn't already awake and complaining because this bus ride hasn't been the most pleasant thing to try to sleep through but we had to because we had to get to Pittsburgh.

Calum. We kissed last night. Well more like he kissed me. Damn it. And Ashton saw too. Damn it again.

I could already tell that today wasn't going to be enjoyable.

I snuck out of the back room where I had been sleeping. Molly slept in Michael's bunk with him last night so I didn't have to worry about being careful.

I slid open the door and saw that Ashton's bunk had the curtain drawn back and revealed that it was empty. I gulped, nervous of what to expect from Ashton after last night. I mean, Ashton could be an understanding person and it wasn't like he knew the full story, right?

I carried the penguin with me to the table where Ash was sitting on his phone and eating a bowl of Fruit Loops. I placed the penguin in the booth and grabbed a bowl from the cabinet. I waited until the best moment to start pouring things because you'd expect yourself to get used to pouring things in a moving vehicle to a point of where you were a professional at it but you could never be more wrong about something in your life. I swear that we've lost at least two gallons of milk and a box of cereal to the struggles of bus eating.

I grabbed a spoon and joined Ashton at the table. He continues to stare at his phone and act as if I wasn't there. I don't know if he felt awkward about the whole thing or if he was trying to punish me or something but whatever it was, it was working.

I wanted to use my phone but I had to manage my plan and make sure that I didn't use up all the data I purchased because I didn't feel like having to buy more, like Ash always needs to.

I stared out the window and continued to eat my bowl of Lucky Charms. I waited another minute to see if Ashton would say something and when he didn't, I decided to break the silence.

"Morning Ashton." I chirped.

"Peyton." He was definitely giving me the cold shoulder, asshole.

"Ash-"

"I don't want to hear it."

"Hear what?" I stared at him with evident confusion.

"Your excuse for making out with Calum. Is that why you two didn't want to play a second game? So you could make out?" He started to raise his voice at me which was rare. I had to remind him that we had people still asleep so that he would lower his voice.

"Ash, I can explain. I-"

"I thought that you didn't believe in love. I guess that was all a lie, aye? Wait, you told me that you weren't sleeping with him. Was that a lie too Peyton? Goddamn it. What else did you lie about, huh?"