Chapter 15

"Because I'm in love with you." Calum's words hit me like a freight train and I felt paralyzed.

I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't know how to react. I didn't even remember how to breathe properly without wanting to throw up or drown myself in something. The only thing that I did know was that every set of eyes in the room was resting on me and waiting for me to make my next move.

I didn't feel sick because I thought that the thought of Calum being in love with me was repulsive; it was more like- well fuck. I don't even know how to describe it at this point. I really wish that I was better with words when it came to things like this.

Ok Peyton, calm down and just think for a second.

We were supposed to be friends, best friends, and nothing more. I didn't want one of those stupid, sappy love stories where the best friends fell in love and lived happily ever after. They were overrated and if something went wrong, the best friends would become ex-best friends and I didn't want that to happen with Calum and me. I'm sure that it was too late though because at this point the road wasn't exactly going to be clear for us.

"Pey?" Calum waved his hand in front of me. "Say something."

I reached behind me, grabbing a t-shirt, any t-shirt, "I have to go." I slid the shirt over my head and stood up. I stepped around everyone quickly as I made my way to the door. "Peyton!" I heard my name leave Calum's lips once again but this time I refused to respond to it.

"Look what you did you dipshit." Ashton muttered as opening the door suddenly seemed like an amazingly daunting task for me to accomplish. The sweat that was forming on my palms was flooding my hands and I felt like everyone could tell how badly my hands were sweating (if that was even possible).

"Me? You're the one who just couldn't let it go." Calum defended himself.

I finally got the door open before I could hear anything else that was exchanged between the two of them and walked out of the hotel room and towards the one that I shared with Molly, as usual. I was a few doors down by the time that I wouldn't be able to get in because I had my room key and phone in my pants.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as my steps slowed down because there was no point in rushing towards a hotel room that I couldn't even get into.

I ran my sweaty palms over the shirt that I had picked up and noticed that it didn't feel like my shirt. I rolled my eyes mentally and wanted to hit myself for not grabbing my own shirt.

I finally checked to see whose shirt I was wearing. "Of course." I physically rolled my eyes this time.

It was Calum's. Calum's fucking shirt.

I literally could've grabbed anyone else's shirt but no, it had to be Calum's. But then again, it is me that we are talking about and that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I almost wanted to take it off and just walk around in my bra and underwear and pretend that it was my bikini and that I had just come from the pool. The problem was that there was no way in a million years that my bra and underwear would pass for a bikini. They weren't matching and just the look of them could tell people that I was lying about the whole situation.

I finished the walk to my hotel room and stared at the door, weighing in my options; I could go downstairs and tell them that I got locked out of my room, but I'm sure that there were fans downstairs and walking down there in just Calum's shirt would just make matters worse. I could go back to the room and face Calum and the others, but I didn't want to see the look on his face and I didn't want to talk about it.

The only thing that seemed reasonable to me was waiting for Molly to come back to the room with her room key and let me in or maybe Ashton would come down and see how his little sister was doing. I knew that they would bring my clothes if they came down to the room to see me. They just had to.

I let my back hit the door as I slid, letting my body sink to the ground and sitting on the ground. I didn't care that the hallway was probably insanely dirty and that the old carpet made the back of my thighs itch; as long as I didn't have to face him.

I wanted to distract myself at this point, but I couldn't. All that I could do was think about the scenarios of what could be going on in the room. There were plenty of things that could've been happening.

1. Ashton could beating the shit out of Calum.

2. Ashton could be trying to be the shit out of Calum but could be held back by the others.

3. Molly could be questioning everyone and asking for more details, just because that's the type of person that she was.

4. Calum could be pissed

5. Calum could be crying

6. They could all be thinking of how to fix the situation

7. They could all be sitting in silence.

Out of all the options, the last one scared me the most. I don't know why, but something about leaving the five people that I carried about the most in a room, speechless, made my stomach hurt. Sure, I probably owed them all an explanation, but I couldn't give them something that I didn't have. I needed to be able to give myself an explanation before I tried to explain anything to anyone else because a shitty explanation would just make the whole situation about 50x worse that I had already made it by just acting the way that I had tonight. Well, not the whole night, just at the end where I left the room and left everyone fighting each other.

Damnit.

I really wish Ashton was here because he could help me figure this all out like he always does. Or maybe Molly. She's good with relationships and girl problems like this. She could probably fix everything in a matter of seconds and tell me what to do with myself.

But unfortunately, I was alone with no phone, no entertainment and no answers to anything in life.

After sitting outside of my room for what felt like ages, but was probably only about ten minutes, I was completely done with life. I was ready to go back to the other room to get my pants and phone because this carpet was getting unbearably itchy and I just wanted to sit in a shower for a good hour and a half until I could drown myself.

I placed my hand behind me on the door and started to push myself up when I was interrupted by a soft, almost weak voice.

"Peyton?"