Chapter 8

"Chocolate chip pancakes?" The waitress smiled as I raised my hand and let her place the hot dish in front of me.

"Thank you!" She nodded back, acknowledging me.

Once everyone had gotten their food, we all started to dig in. We were all starving due to the fact we all slept in late this morning and missed the hours for breakfast at the hotel. It wasn't an uncommon thing for us though because we constantly slept until noon and took forever to even leave the hotel itself. Even when we left the front door, the boys took a while to say hi to fans which was important.

"You're such a Peyton." Calum commented glancing down at my meal.

"What does that mean?"

"A chocolate milkshake and chocolate chip pancakes? It's like the signature Peyton meal."

"So what? I love milkshakes and chocolate chip pancakes." I grabbed a fry off Ashton's plate across from me and dipped it into the chocolate goodness of the milkshake.

"You're so gross."

"What's with all the comments today you ass?" I joked with him as he reached over and cut off a piece of my pancake.

"I don't know." Calum concluded.

"So, plans for today?" Molly interjected.

"I think we're going to see the Statue of Liberty and then we can do something else or just go back to the hotel. Liz said that we can't stay out too late though because we have to wake up early tomorrow for sound check at the venue of our first sold out American show!" Ashton cheered.

Liz had some other things she needed to get done today so she figured that leaving the six of us alone would be fine. But, then again, the six of us together usually ended up in getting lost or getting mobbed. Either way, it didn't really matter.

"Cool." Luke muttered in between bites of whatever he had ordered.

Eventually, the table broke off into its normal little conversations consisting of Calum and I, Molly and Michael, and Luke and Ashton. Sometimes it was different and I would be talking to Luke and Calum to Ashton or the four of us together, but that wasn't as common as just Calum and I or Ashton and Luke.

"We should sneak out tonight after everyone gets back to the hotel and go visit random things in New York." Calum suggested.

"Calum, you have a show tomorrow and we both know how grumpy you can be if you don't get enough sleep." I poked his nose.

"I don't care! When is the next time that the two of us are going to be in New York City together?"

"I don't know." I answered him.

"Exactly! We have to take advantage of this now." Calum slammed his fist on the table, receiving looks from not only the other people at our table, but from people a few tables over and a waitress at the counter. "Sorry." He apologized and everyone went back to what they were doing.

"Why don't we see how we feel after the Statue of Liberty and see what everyone else wants to do after that. If everyone else wants to go back to the hotel, then we can stay out a bit if you want. It's been a long few days though and I don't think I want to be out until 3am."

"Party pooper." Calum pouted.

"Oh shut up."

"Michael, get in this." Ashton dragged Michael away from Molly momentarily.

"Hello!" Michael greeted the iPhone.

"Hello!" Ashton followed.

"We're here at Brooklyn Diner. Here's my lovely girlfriend Molly." Michael pulled Molly into the view of the camera and kissed her head. Ashton giggled while continuing to move the camera around in circles so that he could get a good view of the diner before stopping on Luke who just stared at him with a little smirk on his face. Ashton removed the camera from him.