Chapter 16

"Here," a hand extended in my direction with my pants, phone and room key in it.

I hesitated, thankful for the kind gesture but pissed because it was a kind gesture coming from the last person that I wanted to see at the moment. I sighed and grabbed my stuff from his hand and placed my phone and room key next to me as I tried to slide on my skinny jeans while sitting down, which was harder than I expected to be honest with you.

A light chuckle left his lips, "it's easier to put on skinny jeans if you're standing up."

"I know." I refused to make eye contact. I ignored the suggestion and just continued to struggle because the struggle of putting on jeans was probably less painful than facing him.

"Then why are you still trying to put them on while you are sitting down?"

"Because." That was the only real reason that I could come up with so I just left it there.

"Because isn't a good enough reason Pey."

"Can you get Ash for me?" It was more of a demand than a question, but I was hoping that my tone of voice would get the message across.

"No."

"Why the hell not?" I huffed, giving up on the jeans that were half way up my legs at this point.

"Because I want to talk to you."

"Well I don't want to talk to you Calum." I crossed my arms and reached over for my phone so that I could call Ashton. I'm sure that he would come and rescue me. He always said he would do anything for his favorite little sister and this was one of those times that he better own up to it.

"We're going to have to talk about this sooner or later."

"I choose later." I huffed out.

"Well, I choose sooner, as in now." Calum said with more sass than he usually talked to me with, which wasn't out of hand at this point.

"Well you can't make me." I pressed the phone to my ear and waited as it rang. Calum stood in front of me, tapping his foot and waiting impatiently as if I was a little kid was who watching television instead of cleaning my bedroom or something.

"What do you want Pey?" Ashton was pissed, but he's the one who got us into this predicament so I'm sure that I should be the one that's angry at him.

"I want you to come down here and get me away from Calum."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you two need to talk."

"Why do you always tell me what to do with my life Ashton? I needed to talk about the kiss before and we did and now look! We're in a bigger and deeper hole and I'm just kind of hopping that I die in this hole soon."

"Stop being a drama queen Peyton." Ashton almost never called me a drama queen and when he did, I wanted to kill him.

"Fuck you Ash."

"Language."

"I hate you." I slurred.

"You could never hate me."

"I bet you $20 that I could actually hate you."

"You'll wake up tomorrow and regret saying all of this."

That's how fighting between us usually went. One of us would be pissed and we would end up saying rude things to the other about how we hated each other or wanted each other dead. However, the next morning we would act like it never happened or just feel like shit because we remembered what we said, even though we both knew that neither of us ever really meant it.