Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning with a terrible hangover, which wasn't much of a surprise to me. I mean, if you had drank as much as I did last night, I'm sure that you would be dealing with the same problems.

I don't remember much of last night to be honest, but I'm glad that it happened. I'm glad that I forgot all my troubles and worries, even if it was only for a few hours before I passed out.

I felt pain on the back of my head and ran my hand over the mess of curls that was what was left of my hair. "Ugghhh." I moaned, slowly sitting up and trying to prevent a blood rush because if I did, then my head would get worse and I knew it from past experiences.

The bathroom door was closed and I was guessing that Molly was probably in there puking up the remains of the alcohol from last night. I sighed softly before pushing my lifeless body off the ground and getting up onto the bed. My head hit the soft mattress harder than I expected and I moaned in pain.

A flushing sound came from the bathroom which told me that I would soon be able to get a good look at myself and think about how ashamed that Mama Irwin would be if she saw me like this. Hell, Ashton would be ashamed if he saw me like this but at this point I didn't care.

I closed my eyes and breathed as I could tell that it was getting lighter in the room because I could see a hint of light through my eyelids. "Molly?"

"Close." A male voice spoke and I slowly opened one eye.

"Michael?"

"Good morning Pey. Have fun last night?" Michael chuckled, sitting on the bed next to me.

"Did you dye your hair last night?"

"No."

"It looks different."

"You're just going crazy." Michael defended himself and his hair.

"What are you doing here?"

"Molly sent me here to look after you. She said that you two got pretty hammered last night and Calum wanted to hang out with her so she decided to hang out with him." It was weird. I'm sure that I've mentioned this before, but Molly rarely hung out with the other boys one on on.

"Oh."

"And I was thinking that maybe you and me could hang out. I feel like the two of us never hang out without everyone else."

"It's because you're always sucking face with your girlfriend."

"We don't always just suck face Pey."

"Fine, fucking your girlfriend."

"I'm not sure if I should be offended or not..." Michael let out a light laugh.

"Sorry to break it to you Michael, but I'm hungover and I guarantee you that I wouldn't be much fun because of it."

"You know I'm lazy. We don't even have to leave the hotel room. Why don't you take some advil and shower and see if you feel a little better? I always do it when I'm hungover and it doesn't exactly make me feel 100%, but I feel better."

"Yeah, maybe I'll do that when I have the motivation to get off of the bed." I just laid there and listened to the sound of Michael breathing. "Why did I have to drink so much last night?"

"Because Molly had alcohol." Michael gave me a smartass answer, but it wasn't exactly a false assumption.

"Can we just talk for a little?" I suggested, too lazy to actually initiate the motions of me standing up and getting into the shower.

"Yeah."

"Just make sure you talk softly because head." I instructed him and I'm sure that if my eyes were open and I was staring at him, he would be nodding his head in agreement to my statement.

"What do you want to talk about Peyton?"

"Why is Molly with Calum?"

"I don't know. He got a phone call last night and sounded stressed and disappointed. I guess he needed a girl's advice on what to do and since you two aren't exactly on the best terms, Molly was the only other option he had. Molly's good at giving people advice though so I'm sure that everything will be perfectly fine. "

"Do you know who called him?"

"Nope. When he saw who called him, he left the room to answer it. After he answered it, he seemed off. I actually beat him at a game of Fifa."

I felt my mind awaken, even though the rest of me didn't want to move. No one beats Calum at Fifa, ever. Like, this is the third time I've ever heard of someone beating Calum at Fifa. I mean, I had beat him a few times, but that was only because Calum let me win. I used to think it was just because he liked it when I was happy, but I guess it was because he loved me.

"No." I responded, more shocked than my voice depicted.

"Yeah. And it wasn't like he let me win. I mean, he could easily argue that he was letting me win because I would've believed him. His mind was just somewhere else."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I don't even have an idea of who could've called him. I wanted to check his received calls list, but he changed the password on his phone so I couldn't get in."

"I'm curious."

"I'm sure that I can get Molly to tell me who it is when she gets back later and I'm sure that you can easily convince her to tell you too. You two are best friends." Michael enlightened me and I smiled like an idiot; not out of happiness, but because I legitimately looked like an idiot.

"I think I'm going to go and take that shower now. I'll be out eventually. You can just watch the television." I pointed with my eyes shut and hoped that I was pointing towards the nightstand that had the remote resting on it.

"Ok! Take your time, no rush." Michael must've waited for me to get into the bathroom before turning on the television because the minute that the bathroom door closed, I could easily hear the volume of the television.

I checked myself out in the mirror. I'm sure that if you looked up the word shit in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of me because not only did I feel like shit, but I looked like complete and utter shit.

I stripped out of my clothes and turned on the shower, waiting until the mirror was almost completely covered in fog from the hot water before I stepped in. At first, I found that I was burning myself because I had once again been an idiot and forgotten to turn the temperature of the water down before I let my body rest in it.

Something about taking a shower actually did make my head feel better; I could think clearer, I could open my eyes without wincing at the light, and I didn't feel like shit. Oh, not to mention that I started to remember events from last night. There were still a lot of blanks from last night, but hey, at least I could remember that it was a blast.

I stepped out of the shower and dried my body off before changing into a tight short sleeve shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I still had a slight headache, but I was more tolerable of everything else.

I dug around and found an aspirin, tossing it in my mouth and drinking a glass of disgusting sink water from the bathroom faucet.

"Pey!" I heard Michael calling my name from the bed. I rolled my eyes and opened the bathroom door to see what all the yelling was about.

"What Michael?"

"Your phone rang and I was too lazy to see who it was but yeah, you should probably check." He informed me and pointed to the phone that was on the ground resting on the spot where I had fallen asleep last night. I bent down and picked up the phone, seeing that the screen was black, telling me that my phone had died.

I plugged it in and waited for a minute so that it could turn on. Once it turned on, I waited to see if the missed call notification would show up on my screen. When it didn't, I unlocked my phone and went directly to my call history.

I stared at the call log and the first name that was on the list wasn't even red. "There was no missed call Michael."

"Are you sure? I could've sworn that I heard it ringing."

I double checked my phone and although I didn't see a name in red, I saw who the last person that I had called three times last night was.

Calum.

"It was me." I whispered. "I was the one who called Calum."