Chapter 11

"I'm back Cal." I announced as I reentered the hotel room.

"I'll be out in a minute." He called back.

Originally, we had planned to go out to a club that the boys had found online, but 5 Seconds of Summer being 5 Seconds of Summer forgot that you have to be 18 to get into clubs in the US which meant that the only person from the band would could actually get in was Ashton. That meant that we had to go with plan b which happened to be bowling. There was no way that I was going to go bowling in a dress so I changed into a pair of jeans and a light green v-neck shirt.

"Ready to go?" He walked out of the bathroom.

"Yesir. Sorry I don't get to wear that nice dress that you bought me."

"No, it's fine. It's really our fault for forgetting that you have to be 18 to do anything fun in this fucking country."

"Hey! America is a fun place. Don't trash America."

"Sorry America." Calum apologized as he lead me down to the lobby. We stopped for the few fans that were downstairs because we were already running late so what would another two of three minutes do?

Calum and I exchanged a little banter on the car ride to the bowling alley. When we got there the place was dark. It actually looked pitch black and as if it had been abandoned for a few weeks.

"Are you sure that we are at the right bowling alley Calum?" I asked nervously as Calum and I slowly got out of the car.

"Yeah. There aren't many bowling alleys around here. They're probably inside waiting for Ashton to arrive so that we can surprise him. Maybe we just beat Ashton and all of them. Let me call Luke." Calum pulled his phone out of his back pocket while I waited, rubbing my arms up and down a bit because it was colder than I expected it to be.

"Hey. We're here. Are you guys here yet or...?" Calum stopped talking and I waited for him to say something because I wanted to get inside where it was warm and cozy. "How did you get lost? There's literally one bowling alley in this whole town and you can't find it? That's ridiculous. Yeah, whatever. I'll call Niall and let them know that we are here so they don't- you know, jump out. See you soon."

"They got lost?" I stared at Calum as he nodded.

"I have to call Niall and let him know that we're here before we walk in because we don't want them to jump out and waste all the confetti we have for Ash." I nodded and waited for Cal to dial Niall's number. "Hey Niall. Pey and I are here and we're about to walk in. Ashton and the rest of them got lost so they'll be a bit. Just don't jump out and scare us, alright? Good."

"So..."

"We're good to go in. Just be careful when you walk in there because the lights are going to stay off just in case they arrive while we're walking it. We don't want to kill the surprise, you know."

"Yeah, I feel you." I informed him as he placed his hand on my back and lead me towards the dark building. Even though I knew people were in there, it still creped me out.

Calum opened the door and waited to the side so that I could walk in first. "Seriously Cal? Why can't you walk in first? What if something grabs me?"

"Oh my god, calm down Peyton. It's just a bowling alley and everyone else is already in here so I'm sure that if someone would grab it, it would be someone that we know." He chuckled.

"Fine." I stepped into the building and extended my hands so that I could see if I was about to run into anything.

The lights switched on and- "SURPRISE!"