25

"Mama--", said the girl bewildered as she looked up at the middle aged woman, with wide eyes, the smile of the woman in charge of the Farm never wavering. "What do you mean..?", she tried to lie her way out, yet Isabella only gently stroke her slender fingers along (Y/N) shoulder, only to grip her tightly so she couldn't run away: "Didn't I raise you not to lie, dear?", Isabellas sinister smile widened, "It hurts me so much seeing my lovely children up against me."

The poor young girl was confused, "Where is Ray..", her breath started to quicken, (E/C) orbs glancing back and forth to the direction where they came from and where she last saw him, "What-- what did you do to him!", she stuttered. Isabellas free hand made it's way to (Y/N)s (H/C) hair, stroking carefully a stray strand behind her ear, "He's going to be okay, (Y/N). You worry so much about him, it breaks my heart to see all of the unnecessary worries going down the drain.", with a glint of remorse in the usually cold, lilac eyes, "You shouldn't waste your energy, dear. Start worrying about yourself, you have a future up ahead--"
"Are you saying my feelings aren't worth it?", taking her mothers hand that had been resting on her shoulder untouched, she gripped tightly. "You're saying they don't have a future because they're going to be eaten?!"

Isabellas eyes widening, "You think we won't be able to escape, huh? You think--", "That's enough, (Y/N), or else I'll be obligated to--"
"To what? Lock me in? Or did you change your mind and want to turn me in to those monsters.", quickly getting out of (Y/N)s feeble attempt of a grip, Isabella used the momentum to slap the girls rosy cheek with the back of her palm. "You know exactly I'm not in the right to send you away.", stopping any attempt of bickering, Isabella guided the girl outside; earning a few curious glances as to why (Y/N) was struck with tears in her eyes, not daring to fall, and a red cheek.

'She's gotten insolent. Like that, I can never send her off.'

"Let's see how your friends will react to this.", softly speaking to (Y/N), the woman in charged smiled at every curious look. Walking past Phil, his small yet sweet smile washed off of his face, including any kind of color, leaving him pale. "Are you okay, Phil?", a blonde haired girl wandered up to the young boy, "You don't seem well, you're sweating. Should we take a break from playing?", lightly touching Phils forehead, the young boy quickly changed his facade and smiled brightly, "No, no! I'm okay Anna, let's play!", running off to the other kids, he spared one last glance at the (H/C) haired girl, who seemed to have the word despair written in her eyes, walking with mother towards the forest.

Pulling out her tracker in disguise of a little pocket-clock, Isabella looked down on to it. Humming a soft tune, her vibrant lilac eyes strayed from the tracker to the girl, whose head had been hanging low ever since the middle aged woman raised her hand on her. Before continuing the beautiful song, Isabella would hum every night while tucking in the children, Isabella began to talk: "(Y/N), I am sorry I've raised my hand against you.", she started, but didn't earn a response. Isabella sighed softly, closing the tracker, they would arrive at their destination soon, "Are you sorry for all those lives you've thrown away too?"
It was silent. For a quick moment Isabella regretted apologizing to her, not really knowing how to respond to that. How should she act in front of these kids? They were truly smarter than they looked, though Isabella couldn't drop that act. She couldn't just blow away the secured walls she build up around herself over the years.

They were not worth it, or were they? They shouldn't be worth it, or should they?

To see how (Y/N) cares about Ray and vice versa, it made Isabella think of her past and her childhood friends. It made her jealous to see hw far they have come, it made her jealous to think that they might flee together, it's making her jealous, they can't deserve this. She wanted it all too, she wanted to be with him too and flee with him, start a new life, throw away the knowledge of demons existing in this world and settle down somewhere safe. She was so unbelievably jealous, or was it just the sadness?
Isabellas steps slowed down, yet she didn't stop. Her brows furrowing as she was in an inner conflict, something she didn't have in years after she had shut down every other emotion.