1

"Ugh, yikes-", Don was sweatdropped as he looked at Norman, laughing while said boy scratched his head, "Norman, you're it!", he shouted, letting the other children, that were playing tag with them, know.

Vibrant green eyes met up with (E/C) colored eyes. "What about you, (Y/N)?", she asked, not even paying attention to Ray, who was sitting next to the 10 year old. "Ah, I'm not really in the mood, I'm sorry.", sheepishly and quite embarrassed of turning down her sibling, she smiled and looked down to her feet, "But maybe Ray want's to-"

"I'll pass.", he cut off (Y/N), not waiting for Emma to ask him. "Tch-, would it kill you to come play with us for once and a while?", she grumbled. The girl, still looking down at her feet, laughed quietly.

"Okay! I'm gonna start counting!", Norman raised his hand into the air, catching the childrens attention.

"One,

two,

Three-"

"(Y/N)", closing his book, Ray glanced to his side, meeting (Y/N) visage.

"Four,

five-"

Her gentle smile soothing him, "Yes, Ray?"

"Six,

seven,

eight-"

"Do you still have those dreams?", he asked, catching his friend completely off guard. "Wha- what do you mean?", she questioned him, although she was aware of what he was asking her. "These dreams about the monsters.", his voice grew quiet and he wasn't looking at her anymore. "Why are you asking?"

"I-", he began, but paused for a second before continuing; thinking over of what to say and how to say it, "I've been thinking."

"And?", (Y/N) was not trying to be rude and it certainly didn't come off as rude, not to him, to her, or anyone if someone was to hear their conversation. She was merely questioning further, and that, because of curiosity.

"-and I came to the conclusion that telling you about this place, all those years ago-", he gripped his book tighter, as if he didn't want to talk about this specific topic, "was a mistake. I'm sorry."

Right at this moment, Ray wished for nothing but a life that wasn't driven by fear. He knew the secret and in order to protect her, he told (Y/N) about it, so he could develop a plan, escaping and bringing her into the arms of safety. But so far, she was anything but safe. Him telling her about the farming system traumatized her. It pained her, every day more and more. Not only the nightmares, but the constant worrying broke her down.

He saw it all, but couldn't do anything.

She felt it all, but couldn't stop it.

But she was never disappointing or angry at him for telling her and opening her eyes. He made her face the harsh truth and she was truly thankful because otherwise, she would still be living in that faked world. Feeling that faked happiness and love. However, now knowing the truth, they could start new. Experiencing the feeling of real happiness and perhaps real love (That was, what (Y/N) hoped for)

Sitting down, next to him, she was still looking his way. Everything around her softened, her small gestures, her posture and her face as she gifted him with a bright but comforting smile. He noticed that, as a small giggle escaped her rosy lips, and looked at her, dark gray eyes widening. 

"You don't have to be sorry."

Her voice reached his ears and as he heard those words coming from her, he almost lost it. The big pile of guilt, that had build up over the years he had told her, began to crumble down. It was like a long awaited blessing. But not only what she said, her voice was like a salvation.

"Actually, it should be me, thanking you. For opening up my eyes to the real world."

(Y/N) eyes closed, as a matter of real, actual gratitude, "So, thank you, Ray."