4

"Conny!!", (Y/N) heard Emma yell as she entered their bedroom. Currently, (Y/N) was standing next to Conny, fixing her beautiful navy blue blazer. "How do you feel, are you ready?", asked the red head excitedly. "I'm not sure, my clothes are so weird-", she spoke softly, but Emma and (Y/N) just shook their heads, "No, no! Don't think that!", said the (H/C) haired, while Emma nodded, "Yeah! They suit you!"

"I'm so glad then.", she smiled her tired smile they would see for the last time.

"Keep giving your best, after you leave the house!", Emma patted the young girls shoulder and said girl could only widen her bright smile, "Yes! I'll be fine, I've got is little Barnie with me!"

"You know, little Barnie is unique!", once Conny got to talk about her bunny, she won't stop her rambling, "There's only one of him in the world!", but that's how they all knew, Conny was still loving her little friend mama made for her.

Remembering her 6th birthday, she remembered how mama would be gone the whole day, only to come out and give her the little, self made bunny, "He's a treasure that mama made specifically for me!"

"I'm not that bright, or amazing like you guys-", looking at the other children, her siblings- Anna, Don, (Y/N), Emma- everyone that was in the room, her eyes shined, filling up with water, but never shedding a tear, she spoke in the softest voice they all ever heard. Soft, yet strong willed.

"But I want to become a Mother just like mama once I've grown up!" 

Silence filled the air, as everyone looked at the 6 year old with amazement. Everyone except (Y/N) who knew the secret and that she would never even get the chance to grow up. It felt like hours have passed when the (H/C) haired girl finally could move again and quickly reached out to her little sister.

"No Conny! You're already perfect!", (Y/N) arms caged her as Conny was in her arm embrace, "No need to change a thing!"

Conny paused for a moment and the older girl could only speak of luck, because no one saw her terrified expression, since Conny began to laugh at her unintentioned compliment.

"Take care!", everyone was gathered now at the main entrance of the orphanage. In one hand, Conny was carrying her bag, as the other was holding onto mamas.

Ray always wondered, how (Y/N) sill could manage a smile after the departure of a sibling, but it was actually pretty simple. She was trying her best. Trying her very best to give that child that would be shipped out, to smile her truest smile so that these children would remember and loose their fear of death. The shouldn't face death with fear, because when you are full of fear, you're quick to forget that you are not alone.

She liked to believe, that somehow, in this twisted arrangement, that they're all still a family.