21

Hullo, another small authors note since I want to explain today's picture: I've been reading some of your (nsfw) comments and one kinda stuck to me a bit which was about our lovely Emma wearing a suit-- now, I did kinda fail the first time and now you can't really see a suite, but I did try my best.. I just don't want to leave y'all Emma suit thirsty hanging so I did this little fan-art of her. keep in mind it's the first time I've drawn her, so don't judge tooooo bad! Anyways, have fun with reading!

Love, Inlustris

🌸🌸🌸

On the same night both Ray and (Y/N) gone to the library to collect their thoughts until sleepiness would engulf them. It wasn't anything bad, no, the more company, the more (Y/N) would feel at ease and come to her senses but after a while, Norman and their ginger and bubbly friend Emma joined, letting her feet swing as she sat on top of the table.

"Emma you shouldn't sit on the table, the children read on it", Ray mentioned but Emma only whined: "Man, you're not my mom..!", the (H/C) haired girl only laughed and provokingly let her bum rest on top of the table as well, next to Emma: "Oh Ray, just let her be", she said as she leaned on her hands, "When's the time we get to do something like this anyways?", she asked and looked over her shoulder back at Ray, only to see him blush, lean on one of the bookshelves and hide his face in one of William Minervas books.

Norman only had to chuckle upon the scene and felt the urge to do the same as (Y/N) and Emma. The girls had just talked about whatever, as if they haven't had the chance to do that already. Just getting their minds off of the fact they need to survive, though after a while the laughter and giggling of the girls that Ray and Norman had listened to, died down.

"Sometimes you have to do things like these", started (Y/N) after she leaned forwards, sighed and looked at her dangling feet, "just to stay sane."

She didn't like to be a kill-joy, those moments of realization hit her randomly and Emma understood, everyone did. With a concerned look she glanced at (Y/N) and raised a hand, ready to place it on her back to rub it gently, giving her some sense of comfort. She figured it must've been harder for the (H/C) haired girl, seeing as she's the youngest of the quadrouple.

But just before she could place her palm on (Y/N)s warm back, the heavy wooden door opened with a creak- the creak being louder than the old clock that seemed to be hanging there for decades.

Scared, Emma and (Y/N) looked up, Ray and Norman ready to blow out the candles. But they all met the gaze of Don and Gilda, not being able to read their expression.

It seemed like they had mixed feelings.

Taking slow steps into the library, (Y/N) sighed in relief, letting her head fall back "Dang it you guys, you scared the heck out of us--", but before she could continue, Don beat her to it, only startling her with his stern voice and expression.

"We were in mamas secret room.", he said, his visage turning sour with every breath he took, "it was hidden in a basement.", Emmas face only paled as she jumped from the table and neared Don and Gilda, "How did you get in?!", she began to sweat, "Did Mom find you two??!", Gilda shook her head, her dark green, almost teal in the candle light bouncing and hitting her fave gently, "We don't think she did..", she said in a low voice, almost a whisper.  "But just how did you guys get in?", with a worried yet alarmed expression, (Y/N) was the one to jump from the table next. Gildas glasses reflecting the light as she looked up to her friend (Y/N): "Don kind of..", she started, fiddling with her thumbs, "pick-pocketed mama."

At this point from what they have seen, Don was questioning if these people he called his friends were even on their side. "What??", yelled Emma. The (H/C) haired girl took Emma by her shoulders, showing her a simple 'shhh' motion for her to remember that they had to keep quiet. "We did return the key to her right after that.. so.... probably--"

"Think? Probably?", now Ray spoke up and his tone was rather low nor did he start to yell. He was stern, disappointed almost, "Just use your goddamn brain, what if this room was rigged with some sort of bugs or cameras?", the onyx haired pushed himself off of the shelves and started walking closer to Don and Gilda, "If Mama and sister Krone find out that you guys have been there, we'll..", he hesitated.

"We'll what.", said Don, angrily looking Rays way, "Come on, spit it out!", he said provokingly. "Are we gonna what, get 'killed'?!"

After Emma had let out a gasp it was silent. Gilda had looked away after Dons accusation and (Y/N) had to jump ever so slightly, taking a step back,

"You liars.", whispered Don, his balled up fist shaking with anger, "You don't know what happened to Conny? That we need to save our siblings..?", with every word his mouth had left, there was anger and a hint of sadness dripping down each syllable, "What a load of bullshit."

"You know we can't go save them–", looking up, the quadruple was finally able to see his tear stained cheeks, his eyes red and jaw clenching: "You know we can't because Conny..", he stumbled on his words, "and the others are already...!"

"I'm sorry.", said Emma "I'm so sorry..", her voice shaking. (Y/N) had to jump another time as she suddenly saw Emma drop down to her knees, hitting her head with a loud thud against the hard wood floor to show her apologies.
"Just as I thought..", Don mumbled under his breath while taking a few steps back and pointing towards the four children in front of Gilda and himself:

"You see this Gilda?! They were really lying to our faces!", he began to yell and Gildas lower lip quivered in fear.

"What are you hiding from us.", with a low voice and slow steps he made his way to (y/n) who worriedly looked down on Emma, "Spit out everything you've got."

Swiftly he grabbed the anxious girl by the collar, making Emma stand up quickly, "Don!"

"You moron..!", Ray made his way towards Don, forcefully taking his arm in hopes he'd losen his grab on his dearest friend, "What this place is, is a goddamn farm and we're cattle to demons."

"There are no parents, this is no orphanage–", whispered (Y/N) while having difficulties breathing.

Don let go of the poor girl, stumbling back by the information he got. "And what about that spy? What about that weird plan you had?", looking towards Norman, he had to sweat.

The way Don was behaving wasn't liked by the albino, nor did the onyx haired liked the way he had grabbed (y/n). "Ray is the spy."

"Ray.. Is the spy?", letting the things process, Don began to giggle, "So both of you freaking knew?!" Turning to Ray he pointed his finger at him, "You knew what would happen to Conny and the others? Yet you didn't do anything?!"

His giggle turned into a fit of laughter, now also scarying Gilda even though she felt just as betrayed, "Just what the heck..", he whispered.
"Quit messing around!!", Don yelled loudly before hitting Normal with his fist hard into his face. Norman, by the impact had to take a few steps back.

"Norman!", (Y/N) wanted to run up to the albino and aid him, but on the way Don had taken a hold of Ray, who as well wanted to aid his friend but got hit by the raging taller kid. This made Ray stumble back, taking the girl with him to the fall, her letting out a small yelp.

Groaning slightly, touching the side of her hip she felt Ray sit up under her, whispering a small "you okay?"

"Don..", looking up, (Y/N) saw that Gilda had spoken up, "Stop that."

Don let go of his grasp on Emma, now his shoulders trembling and his head hanging low in shame, "Are we really that useless..?"

"Useless?", eyes widening (Y/N) repeated the boys words in shock.

"Are we seriously that useless that you guys had no choice but to 'protect us from the world'?", Dons palm reached up to his eyes, tears falling down again. "It's because you wanted to protect us, right..?", sobbing and his voice trembling he had to swallow.

"I get it, but still..", his sobbing growing louder, "I thought you guys.. wanted us to help you out.", wiping away his tears he looked into Emma's direction before breaking eye contact and helping (Y/N) and Ray up. "We're family"

"Just have a Little faith in us."