16

On that night, we laughed a lot. 

It seemed like we had talked the whole night when Gilda, Emma and me came back to our room after we told them what's been happening to all the children that were taken to another home. To another Family-- to their deaths.

I felt complete again, like a little kid. I felt like I was the person I was a few years ago.

Before I saw everything, before Ray told me everything.

"And then she said, she didn't want to go!", said Gilda through her giggling. Her eyes were already watering because of the laughing fit the girls had.

As the three girls heard a silent mumbling on another bed that sounded like a "be quiet.", the girls stopped and looked shocked, before continuing giggling.

"Maybe we do have to stop, it's already late..", grabbing the little clock on (Y/N)'s night cabinet, she realized that it truly was very late into the night. Looking at Emma, who had a content smile on her lips, she nodded, "Yes, we should sleep."

"Otherwise we won't be able to wake up in the morning.", giggling another time, Gilda finally crawled under her covers and layed onto her bed. Carefully putting away her big, round glasses, she made herself comfortable, "Well then, goodnight you two..", she whispered.

 As (Y/N) did the same, she felt the warm blanket hug to her sides. Closing her (E/C) orbs, she sighed, "Goodnight Gilda, Emma."

The bed sheets rustled and after that, it was quiet.

The warmth was pulling the little girl into the land of dreams, her beating heart slowed down as her breath steadied ever so slowly. Not  concentrating on what happened around her, she drifted away.

Drifted away.

Drifting away.

As everything was quiet, (Y/N) was suddenly on high alert. Her eyes open wide, staring into the green orbs of Emmas that are looking back into hers. Was she staring at (Y/N) the whole time?

No-

It was also the sound of feet walking towards the door, someone must've stood up.

(Y/N) wide eyes glanced into the direction of the door only to find a glimpse of short green hair that shined because of the moonlight that was illuminating their dormitory.

It can't be.

As the door opened and softly was shut with a quiet thud, Emma got up and looked the younger girl straight in the eye, "Let's go. This is our chance to find out if she's the source and to confront her."

With a concerned look, (Y/N) sat on on her bed, "Emma are you sure we want to do it?", looking up to her, her brows furrowed. "This is our only chance to find out if she's the one, (Y/N).", looking down at her feet with a pained expression, Emma sighed,

 "We have to."

Oh my gosh, first of all, I want to give you all who continued to read my book, vote and comment a very very huge and wonderful thank you.
I've been on this very long break and you guys just have done my days way much better, reading all of your sweet comments and just knowing people out there still enjoy the things I did/ am doing :(

It means a lot to me, honestly and I've just now realized this.

I've been gone due to stress irl (if anyone's wondering like at all lmao) but it just wasn't as pretty and I didn't find the right motivation to continue anything I liked. Now I want to try to fix all of this mess, including this book.

It's been just almost a year I've last updated on it and I have a feeling my writing has changed just a little bit so I'm honestly just so sorry for future updates and that there will be no smooth transition from the old pages to the newer ones, I hope some will contniue to stick around and keep reading :) It would mean the world to me, really.

Again, I just want to thank all of you beautiful people commenting and just having fun while reading. I love how it became such a thing to tell in the comments your age at one chapter where I've written something, I love reading all of the things you guys have to say.

I hope you'll all keep reading, I didn't forget about this book and I still have a massive storyline for this book and I'm determined on finishing it, so why won't you join me in this journey :)

Thank you!

(P.s.: the next chapters will be longer, those short chapters was a minor experiment that I had on going but I kinda don't really like it, I apologize for those-- expect better in the future!)

Love, Inlustris