26

"Norman is gonna get shipped out?", (Y/N)s head shot up, "Why mother, why not me?!", Isabella just giggled, waving her hand before her to show that her question was out of place, "Silly little (Y/N), I told you, they need some time until they'll get here.

"Mama--", it was Ray, who dared to step closer to the three on the ground. Pointing at Emma, he questioned: "--What happened to Emmas leg.", looking up to him, she nonchalantly smiled: "It's completely broken, in fact, I was the one who broke it"
"But don't worry, I broke it very cleanly, so it'll heal perfectly and completely with time. Though she has to stay in bed for a while, I'd say at least for a month or two..", hugging Emma tightly, (Y/N) sulked back to her place. Ray continued to study the situation, noticing his dear friends disheveled look. With her hair being a mess and her usually neatly tucked in blouse outside of her dirtied white skirt. Normally a look at her would set him at ease, though seeing her like this only stressed and maddened him.
Taking a closer look at her face, he noticed a certain red mark on her cheek, it looked like it'll turn into a bruise.

Did Isabella do this? This bitch.

"Norman, make sure to hand in that bag of yours as well.", Picking up Emma, Isabella stood up. "Stand up as well (Y/N), you don't want to get dirty any more, do you? Let's head all back to the house!", with a small smile on her lips, Isabella lead the way. Slowly walking up to (Y/N), Ray helped her up on to her feet, seeing that she was still speechless. He was worried about her that she couldn't stand on her own. "Are you okay?", he asked in a pretty monotone voice as (Y/N) only sweated, "Yeah, I'm alright, just a bit shaken up, you know...", trying to lighten the mood, (Y/N) speak up a bit, though it failed-- now was not the time. "Your cheek--", he pointed out, "Did you fight with Mama?", scared of how he'll react, she only shook her head, "Just a small argument.", he didn't respond.

Between them all, the way towards the house was silent. They had split up from Norman since he went with Mama and Emma, they seem to plan everything for tomorrow night. As the group went towards the back of the house, where the well was located near the laundry line, they all sat down to ponder on what to do next. Ray sat with his back facing the others, looking down on to the grass while Don sat before the well, propping up his back against it. With her knees hugged, (Y/N) sat next to Don while Gilda stood before her, worryingly adjusting her glasses now and then-- something she would do whenever she was anxious.

"She took our ropes and Norman is about to get shipped..", Don began rambling, something he would do whenever he was anxious, "And Emma has a broken leg, she can't move like that--", slouching down, his Han caught his head in desperation, "The plan was for us to complete the investigation and prepare to escape, but now what?!"
At his sudden outburst, both Gilda and (Y/N) winced: "We'll make sure Emmas leg gets better in no time.. And we can make new ropes too..?", said Gilda and even though it sounded more like a question, she didn't fail to transport a bit of hope through her sentence.

"We'll manage to escape, and I'll make sure we do!", said Ray loudly, not turning around. His fists that had unnoticeably formed tightened, ready to punch, "But right now, we need to focus on Norman."

"But why--", started the (H/C) haired girl who had been quiet for quite some time, "--why Norman of all people..?"
"It's not like they fond out about our plan, right?", asked Gilda as Dons back straightened, expression serious, "Yeah it's weird! If higher scores equate to higher quality, shouldn't Mama be concerned about saving Norman for last?"

"Exactly, normally, this situation just wouldn't make sense."

"If Mama just would ship me instead...", (Y/N) grew quieter by each passing second. Everyone was silent, but intently listened to the girl. Was it perhaps shock that kept them from speaking? Shock, that she'd say something silly like this. "I'd have a much higher chance surviving--", "(Y/N), please don't say that, that's not tru--", Gilda was struck with tears in her eyes, though (Y/N) didn't allow her to continue. She immediately stood up, shoving her index finger into her chest, "Yes it is! What do you even know?!", now Don got alarmed, "Stop it (Y/N), none of this is your fault!", "Yes it is--!", "No it's not, stop it already--!", (Y/N) cut him off another time, angrily eying him, "Do you really think they're sending me out just to get eaten?!", it was silent. After hours had passed and the group processing that (Y/N) would depart some time soon, this was the next information they got. "So there is a reason.", murmured Ray as he glanced back at the hysteric girl.

She sighed, rubbing her eyes from any crystal tears. "Now's not the time."

Don scratched the back of his head, "So what are we gonna do? At this rate, Norman's gonna--"

"Free him, of course.", Ray now fully turned around, a deep set frown on his face, "No matter what!"

Not sparing a glance to everyone, (Y/N) took the initiative to leave. She couldn't bear the guilt. She was supposed to be shipped out. Not Norman.