Chapter 5: initium novum

"You and Norman of all people

"You and Norman of all people..", commenting on Rays wounded cheek, Isabella carefully tucked all of the materials she had gathered to treat him back into the leather suitcase, "I never thought you'd get into a fight."

She had only chuckled, though stopped to listen when Ray had spoken up, "Yeah, kind of gotten heated.", he explained, letting a mischievous smile grace his sunkissed face, "He's planning on killing you."

Isabella stopped in her tracks, not daring to move an inch, scared that moving will make her misinterpret his silly little words, "He doesn't give a damn anymore about any risks. There's 'no other way' according to him."

Crossing one leg over the other, he coolly let his arm fall lose over chair back. Ray laughed, "Well it only makes sense considering they want to escape with all of the children.", empathizing the 'all', Isabellas smile had returned.

"And?", putting away the first-aid suitcase Isabella turned around, "They're gather materials", said Ray as he gestured with his right hand, "A hammer, laundry powder, Herbicide..", he began to fake count what the others had started to gather in order to 'kill' Isabella "All kinds of things that might end up coming in handy."

Isabellas amusement only grew and she chuckled, "Are they planning to use that unbelievably short rope as well?", remembering the rope Norman had set up for the spy to snitch on, Ray only started to sweat, "Yeah", he sighed, "Just to let you know, I tried to stop 'em! I made sure to let him have a piece of my mind!", Ray huffed and shrugged with his shoulders, showing Mama how annoyed he is at her ungesetzlich attitude.

"And so that's how you ended up looking like that!", a small laugh escaped the woman but her expression soon changed into a thoughtful one. Lost in thoughts Isabella stroke her chin with her thumb and index finger: "Poison..", she whispered, "I suppose I have to look out for a drug he'll be making."

Fiddling with his thumb, Ray anxiously bopped his foot up and down. Having had the conversation between (Y/N) and himself the day before, he was tempted to ask Mama.
A few minutes of contemplating has passed and Ray still had this inner conflict with himself.

"Mama-", surprised that he spoke up, he began to sweat. "Yes Ray?", her sinister smile softened, her aura as if she was talking to one of those younger children, as if they just did not discuss her death plan, "What is it dear?"

First he felt cold and then it was warm.
"What did you talk about to (Y/N).", it sounded less like a question, more like a demand to tell him. He was scared to know the answer. Will she be shipped out for those demons or even worse, will she become the shepherd to the cattle..? "I heard you're shopping her out."

Isabella looked confused and surprised at the same time, wondering where he heard it from. But this is exactly why he was her spy: he has his eyes and ears everywhere. She giggled for a short amount of time, "Yes, she'll be shipped out, but telling you the reason would not come in use for you at all since you won't need that information in the future.", winking at the last part, she hinted on his death.

"Don't you dare ship her out, this is part of our deal."

"I'm sorry Ray, to decide who will be shipped out or not, isn't in my power.", looking down for a second she quickly turned around in order for him not to see her reaction.

She just has to keep up this act, he can't look past it.

"Then you better do something.", he said with a menacing low tone,
"Don't you remember our deal?"

🌸🌸🌸

Hello lovely people!
I'm sorry I wasn't able to update again, I just wasn't feeling right another time :/ I'm trying to get better at it. I wanted to make out an updating schedule but due to school and my private life I wasn't able to do anything at all..
Now I'm trying to get better at it and for some reason I've been into Attack on Titan and my question to you guys is, if you'd like to read a story I've been working on for a while. :) let me know if you'd read it and I'll work on both, this and that AOT book! :)💕

Thank you all for those lovely comments and votes it means a lot to me!
Yours, Inlustris