17

How do you plan on saving her.

His words had been repeating itself in his mind for a solid minute. It was unlike Ray to think for that long or ponder over a word or sentence longer than a minute.

Nothing brought him out of concept and nothing broke his cool demeanor, but when it came to her, everything would seem to stop right then and there.

Breaking his usual composed and sly character he broke into a sweat, first hot and then cold in an instant. Turning to Norman, the albinos back was facing Ray as he was crouched down, checking the bedding for any traces of the spy. A slow "huh" escaped through Rays lips, "What do you mean..?"

Carefully he had asked the albino to repeat and explain himself. 

"I said: How do you plan on saving her.", Norman repeated while standing up and dusting off his white trousers off of dirt, he didn't bother turning around, only slightly did he head turn to get a better look at Ray from the corner of his aqua eyes.

His face showing no sign of his trademark smile, Norman didn't dare showing Ray his true face, seeing he did not do the same to him, even though they've been friend for their whole life.

"Saving her like everybody else-", shrugging off the sweat and continued playing cool, now Ray was the one to turn around, trying his best not to satisfy Norman by letting him show that he had won, "running away.". Ray tried his utmost best staying composed and keeping a strong voice.

Hiding his clammy hands in his pockets he waited, getting more and more impatient.

"You seem kind of conflicted Ray", with confidence Norman turned around, letting his smile playfully stay on his lips while his eyes told otherwise of the situation. "You want to save (Y/N) yet you're also trying your best to make her stay."

Ray didn't notice how his sweaty hands had formed a fist already, tightening his grip. "It's her I want to be safe", "So you're keeping the others here?", Norman interfered, keeping Ray from talking. "It's simple Norman, I don't care about the others."

"If only she would hear of this.", menacingly making his way towards his raven haired friend, letting his hand fall on to Rays shoulder and gripping on to it tightly, "huh, spy?"

Brushing off Normans hand with force, Ray sat on to the bed, not even looking up at the albino and letting himself fall. Softness of the white covers embraced the young boy.

"What are you saying, Norman? You should know the situation by now?", he mocked his friend.

"Ray, you.. are the source.", it sounded like a question but listening to it again it was more like a fact. Which was true.

Laughing loudly, Ray had a short time to pity himself. Glancing towards the ceiling and then letting his eye roll down towards Norman, building up eye contact he sighed and quieted down. "Just when I thought everything was going according to plan."

"You're quite the softie, so I thought I could be deceiving you guys for a little while, but I guess you've found out about me a bit faster than I've anticipated.", sitting back up, Ray ran a hand through his raven hair, letting his bangs sweep over the left side of his face, covering his blue-grey eye.

"You've got me, I'm mamas spy.", never letting go of his cockyness, Ray dared to gift Norman a sly smile. "Since when did you suspect me?", sitting comfortably with crossed legs, Ray looked up to Norman who had only let out a soft chuckle. "Ever since the night sister Krone came.."

"Oh, ever since that night..?", lost in thoughts Ray thought about all the events that happened, trying to find that one opening that led Norman into thinking like that, trying to understand. "Honestly I was sickened at myself when I thought about it", said Norman, "Accusing you first and foremost despite our tight friendship.."

Norman sighed, ruffling up his neatly brushed white hair and sitting down besides Ray, not sparing the boy a glance. "I truly hoped I was wrong-", letting is elbows rest on his thighs, his back hunched, "It was the worst case scenario, with you being the informant it's very bad for us while it's very good for the enemy.", Ray only sat in silence and listened, only looking at his friend from the corner of his eye and not fully turning. 

Straightening his back and gripping his knees, Norman turned with a menacing look towards the raven haired boy, "Tell me, since when are you mamas informant."

Even if the atomsphere was tick enough to cut through with the sharpest knife, it did not take Ray long to break it. He sliced through it as quick as a chef slicing and seasoning a pig.

"Since a long time ago", now looking up at Norman though his thick black lashes, he saw how the albinos eyes widened in shock, his usual warm aqua iris turning ice cold, "You weren't only her spy but also her underling..!", was what Norman came to conclusion.

In shock he stood up. 

"Let's say-", Ray broke the little silence that had formed while Norman was trying to let the facts sink in, "You can consider me as the sheepdog of a shepherd".

Rays sly words dripped of his tongue like poison of a venomous snake did. Composing his posture, Norman tried to act calm again. Keeping a cool mind was always better with rational decision, not like Emma or (Y/N) who always acted out of heart and feelings. Norman believed in numbers and logic answers.

"You'd better be the only spy and source she has."

"Sure, am."

"You supported mama despite knowing everything?"

"Yep."

While Norman stood tall he began interrogating the informant. Images of his early days spend with his friends came in flooding into his mind and it seemed like Ray did the same thing, recalling the times he spend with Emma or Norman or even with (Y/N).

Normans eyes stared down Ray, wider than before, he seemed to be concentrating or maybe he was just not believing what came to his mind and just wants to be sure it's actually the raven haired boy he called his best friend for years.

"Was everything a lie?", silence washed over the boys, like how the ocean calmly patrolled the shore, relieving their already tensed up muscles. Norman though did not hesitate to speak his mind, not even thinking about letting out a relieved sigh, he continued, "There's no end to the things I want to ask you Ray, but the most important question is, how much did you tell mama.", with every word leaving the albinos mouth he stepped closer and closer to the sitting boy. 

"You can really destroy the transmitters, right?", before Norman could answer though, Ray became clairaudient and cut the white haired boy off in an instance, "Why would you ask me that?Would you cut me from the plan depending on my answer?"

Even though Rays statement would seem concerned, the boy himself was not nervous at all. He only crossed his pale arms and looked up, unfazingly meeting the icy irisis of the albino.

"I won't-" Norman sighed, sitting down across the bed of where Ray has been resting, "We'll take you with us, just as planned."

"You're not exactly our enemy, you haven't told mama any information that would critically disadvantage us-", the albino began, "heck you haven't even told her where the real ropes are hidden".

Looking up to meet blue-grey eyes Norman continues, "Am I wrong?", he asks. Ray only began to smirk, widing with everything that Norman hit Ray with.

"Tell me..

 ... why exactly are you working for mama?"