6

"I'll talk to Ray-", Norman patted Emmas shoulder as to not to make her worry about the given task to him, "You should head back and try to explain it to (Y/N)-"

"Why, you can tell us right now?"

Shocked, the both of them turned back, only to be met with a furious (Y/N) and a bored Ray who could only wave at them and mutter a half-assed apology, "Sorry, we kinda followed you guys."

"Ray's been itching with curiosity and I am just fed up at this point-", with a swift movement, the 10 year old grabbed Rays book about mechanic and swung it straight at Emmas head, who hadn't seen the attack coming and was now holding her head, "OWWww-!"

"Why don't you just tell us already what happened that night! You two are clearly not okay!", at this point, (Y/N) was just yelling and scolding Emma. 

"What happened at the gate.", asked Ray straightforward.

"Oh, don't you go easy on them, Ray! I think they deserve a little roughness after their lack of trust in us.", her usual soft tone in voice was as if it never existed, but was replaced with harshness. Approximately, Ray reacted to his friends request and grabbed both of the two children by their necks and squeezed, maybe even a bit too tight.

"What happened, huh? It was clear as day to see that something was up from your expressions that night!", his grip never wavering, "To top it of, you guys came in empty handed, even though you said you didn't make it!"

"Aha.., you're sharp as ever!", Norman coughed.

Furious (E/C) eyes pierced the two and if looks could kill, the two of them would be dead twice already, "You two ain't gonna say what happened?! Spit it out already!!"

Ray loosened his hold, so Emma and Norman could adjust their stance and maybe even their breathing, "Could you guys.. maybe help us?", asked Norman dead serious.

With a questioning look, Ray nodded, "Sure."

"Of course we'll help you. We're family, remember?", promptly, (Y/N) walked up to Emma, helping her stand and making sure, she was kind of okay. "Okay, okay, we'll talk-", said Emma while sweatdropping.

"All of us-", it was Norman who spoke and looked between (Y/N) and Ray, "have to escape from this place."

"W- what do you mean? There's nothing wrong with this place and..- what's with that look, are you okay, Norman?", worriedly, the 10 year old made her way to the older boy, inspecting him of any injuries, "I'm fine, (Y/N), but if we won't leave soon, we all won't be."

Covering her mouth in shock, she awaited their explanation, "Now, what happened that night, Norman. Emma.", Ray pushed the question a third time, hoping for an answer.

"That night, we searched for Conny.", explained Norman, "But we only found her dead."

Shaky legs buckled and (Y/N) was quick to be the one who fell to the ground, her knees meeting the harsh ground, but were soon cushioned by the soft grass, caressing her legs as they swayed in the wind, "Dead?"

Not feeling reality anymore, she lost all attachments to the world. She knew, but hearing it directly was a shock after all. She didn't feel the wind and the grass that was soothing her, was as if it was never there- as if someone had pulled a plug that was keeping her the reality.

"She is dead. Along with all the other children that had been send off to their new families."

"But, what does that mean? Do the families kill them or wha-", asked Ray but was cut off by Emma who was listening silently, "No.", her gaze fell and shifted to (Y/N). Softly patting her, she also helped her up and sat her besides Ray, who was seated on a root, leaned against a tree, "Those who have been killing the children are demons."

"Demons?! Are you sure?", (Y/N) questioned Emma and grabbed her white sleeve, "Yes. We are nothing but cattle. This house we know as an orphanage- it is a farm- a plantation."

"What about Mama?"

"She is our enemy."

"Demons, ... Mama as our enemy-"

"Hold on! Why aren't you doubting us!", yelled Emma. She was sure that convincing the smart ravenette won't be easy, but turns out, he believed them.

"Well, Norman would never make up such a stupid lie", a mischievous smile spread on Rays lips as he looked down onto Emma, being quite proud of his height, "You on the other hand..."

"Hey-!"

"So, regarding the escape plan.", turning back to his bored and serious self, Ray continued, "There are a couple of problems, for example the number of people. This group is simply to large. It's impossible to escape with everyone."

"Hold up there.", it was Emma, whose strong voice stopped Ray from continuing and saying the dreadest, "We want to escape with everyone and you have to help us do it, Ray."

"Everyone?"