8

Standing right in front of the woman that was called mama by all the children, six of them waited for her response. 
"Could I ask you all", Isabella, the Caretaker of this plantation quickly glanced down, taking a look at her clock like tracker, ""To help me with some chores?", with an innocent smile on her face, she concealed any kind of bad intentions.

She has something planned, I know that look.

Going down to the dining hall, (Y/N) made sure that no one, not Don nor Gilda where in sight, "This is bad!", worriedly she spun around, meeting the chest of Ray as she suddenly stopped to speak to them and letting out a quiet 'oof', "Wh- what if she's suspecting us?!", a hushed and concerned tone laced her voice. 

"Calm down-", said Ray with a bored expression (while getting stares of wonder from both females- since their situation was quite serious), "Think of this from the enemies perspective.", he began to explain. "None of the kids seem visibly shaken. If that's the case, it isn't strange for us the eldest to be suspected first. This is nothing to be scared of."

Nodding in agreement, Norman added, "We can't let our guard down and we have to stay in higher alert than ever before, but don't worry! Our enemy has no idea who we are at this point!", his reassuring smile soothed not only (Y/N) but Emma too, who has been silently worrying  for their safety.

"There's no need to panic.", with a much more softer voice, Ray neared Emma and (Y/N) and put each a hand on their shoulder, "That is basically what mama is trying to do."

Forming an 'o' with her mouth, (Y/N) was now getting the point and tried to calm her racing nerves. These two are really amazing. How can they stay so calm at these times.

"Let's go!", said Norman with one of his sweet smiles and turned around to lead the way.

"Still-", Ray let out a tired sigh as he pushed (Y/N), who was standing like she a tree rooted to the ground a second ago, "What a pain in the ass.", his harsh tone must've awakened her from that scared state.

"It's already the third day and all we've been doing is organizing the food, checking all the extra bed sheets in the house for any damages and up some of the unused rooms."

So now she was robbing us from our extra free time. That was what the youngest, (Y/N), noticed and she felt sharp as she did.

"Momma! When are Emma and (Y/N) done with the chores?"

"We wanna play with them!"

That's when it all got to them.

Is she indirectly trying us to panic for not giving us time to think?

Thankfully- "uuuUUUGHHH! I WANNA PLAY!"

Suddenly, Don, who was with the four the last three days cleaning, threw the broom onto the ground and stretched. "Guys!", he turned to face the others, frowning, "Why us? Why only us?! Man, I am sick of this!"

"I don't get it- what are we even getting punished for? We haven't done a single thing to deserve that!", kicking a bucket, Don froze as water spilled over the floor.

.

.

.

All the work for nothing. Now the dirtied water, was dripping onto the floor that was cleaned by Gilda and (Y/N).

"What the hell, Don."

A dark shadow loomed over (Y/N) face as she stood up from the ground, her knees red from the long spend time crouching to make the floor spotless. Slowely going up to Don, the female with the olive green hair was quicker to grab not only Dons hand but his attention.

"Come, hurry, Don, we'll clean something else!"

"I WON'T CLEAN THIS ALONE!", yelled (Y/N) while throwing wet cloth onto the floor and a loud thud erupted from it.

Waiting for the right opportunity, Norman spoke up, "Now, we still have to figure out how to get rid of that transmitter mama has always with her."

"And how do we do that?", (Y/N) huffed, as her knees purposely buckled and fell to the ground, only to take the cloth and start moping the ground, "Maybe we don't actually get rid of that thing she carries around. Maybe we just need to find that bug-thingy that sends her the location of where we are."

"Hey, (Y/N), that's actually a pretty good idea!", said Emma with a smile and patted her back.

"Yeah, but where do you think it is? It can't be in our clothing!", (Y/N) frowned annoyed.

"You're right again. As soon as Norman and I found out about the transmitter, we searched our clothing AND our bodies, but couldn't find it."

"Ray-", Norman was looking at his male friend, Ray, searching his face and gestures for any kind of answer he might know to this riddle.

"So I've been thinking-", he said, "If these transmitters are really man-made, It's highly likely that they're emit electromagnetic waves.", positioning the broom a certain way, so he could lean on it, he continued to explain, "-but from the sources we have right now, I found that these kind of electronics that can do this, need to have a battery that has to be charged or replaced at some point."

"So what are you getting at?", asked Emma with a serious expression.

"In other words, it'll be insanely difficult to find and destroy the tracker planted inside of us with the limited information we have. Hell, if those things are made by those demons, we are at a complete loss."

"So, aren't we kinda super screwed?", questioned Emma, as she glanced up to the ceiling as if it would tell her where these trackers are. Boredly, Ray now leaned onto the wall an nodding, "Yep, we are."

"Argh, this is hopeless!!", scratching her head, (Y/N) was squeezing her eyes shut, in hopes, if she'll open them, the answer would just lie up ahead, "If only we had an x-Ray machine..."

"Well, we don't know much, but we could still brainstorm.", Norman was slowly making his way towards the wall, Ray was leaning onto. "If we think hard enough, there must be a way!", cooling his boiling hot head on the cool wall, he pressed his forehead deep into it, "-we just have to little information to work with.."

"Agreed."

"Perhaps, Mama seems so relaxed, because she knows that we would run against these kind of walls.", said (Y/N), "Just look at her-", peeking out the window, they all saw her watching the children playing with a content smile, "doesn't it bother you?"

"I'm not sure how to put this, but", turning around to face her friends, (Y/N) looked them all dead in the eye, "Everything she has done, is really vague."

"You mean, it feelslike she isn't even trying to find us?", asked Ray as he looked back outside, observing Isabellas actions.

"Exactly."