18

"Mama I've found out about the secret

"Mama I've found out about the secret."

Planeted on to the ground under the shadowy space the tree was gifting the raven haired child, he didn't bother to look at the shocked lady of the house who out of curiosity had wandered towards the source where a certain tune had been sung.

It was Ray who had been singing a lovely tune he always had stuck in his head. It somehow always got stuck in his head and he just couldn't recognize it since he had never heard of it before-- or so he had thought. He doesn't remember making up this tune on his own when he was younger, it weirdly had always been comforting whenever he seemed to feel at trouble. It weirdly always had been feeling warm.

"How-", Isabella completely forgot about the raven haired statement, "do you know about this song?", she asked Ray, who had only looked at her with big eyes and a comforting smile, trying to let out the following information as easy as possible.

"Don't you know, you sang it to me", he continued and broke their small eye contact with looking back down to his book he  had closed when he felt Mama nearby, "when I was yet to be born."

Shockingly Isabella grabbed her stomach, "You-", she whispered. Her face was a mixture of horror and a slight bit of relief. Never in his life had Ray seen Isabella with such an expression. Her soft visage was always graced with a small and delicate smile, making the children in the orphanage feel safe, yet Ray figured that this was a facade. It was fake.

Ray was only a bit surprised as he glanced up to meet her gaze- he didn't expect her not to know Ray was her child, he thought she'd knew. He always felt closer to her than the rest of the children did, he felt a deeper connection and equated her sociopathic behavior to his. He felt like he was hers.

Isabella didn't even think twice of correcting her mistake of showing her children a different emotion, she didn't get to bring back herself to her usual composure, though she quickly realized what Ray was all about.

It was the first time that Ray had gotten the chance to get to know the mother of the orphanage in a different light. Her sweet and warm attitude changed into a distant and cold state where she'd stare down at him with bright violet eyes, like lilacs sticking out the dead bushes on a February night.

"What are you gonna do about it?", Ray looked up at Isabella as he had noticed the atmospherics change, "kill me?". A small smile let itself down on to Rays rosy, young lips as he continued to explain, "I have a hunch about the shipping order. It's our scores, right?"

Sighing loudly as he saw that Isabella was still at a loss of words, he turned back down, "I have a deal I want to make with you."

Finally being able to recognize her devilish self in the boy she brought to the world, she began to smirk widely.

Ray has been waiting for this very moment, setting his plan into action and making sure it worked. Getting allied with Mama while also betraying her and escape.

Escape, that's what he needs to do. Escaping and making sure she's safe.

He can only guess on his luck Isabella would agree with the deal, it was only a 50/50 chance. Noticing how fast his heartbeat was racing, he glanced down on to his book, pretending to either think, read or to look Desinteresses calm and composed.

His hands getting clammy and the pages of the book stuck to his damp palm as he nervously waited for his mother to respond. He was afraid.

It was either she'd agree or he was the next to be shipped out.

For the past few months he had been thinking about this, about the Secret of the orphanage.
Not being able to sleep because of the nightmares about monsters he made up in his head disturbing his needed slumber.
The constant nagging feeling his family members are aiming with their scores to their death.
Thinking that I've day, soon it's his time to go and some day it'll be hers.

If he won't do anything, his closest friends would die, if he won't set his plan, he had thought so many weeks about, into action, she'd die.

Even though his whole life had been a lie up until that realization point, he knew that as long as he's together with his family, nothing would beat him.

He knows his family is real.

"There are two conditions to this deal—", Ray began, his voice surprisingly steady after a nervous act and a thought of his family, "first: you will not ship me right off the bat as long as I work for you.", with a quick breather he continues: "secondly: I want to get compensated for my work."

Isabella did not hesitate to answer for she had smiled her significant soft smile, closing her eyes showing pure amusement: "The compensation will depend on the fruits of your labor."

Sweat dripping off of his chin, Ray felt relieved. He was able to set his plan into action and getting Isabellas trust was the very first step.