22

Hello you guys, as you can see, I've edited this stories cover and I hope you like it! I wanted to make it look a bit more professional ;)
I've also decided to public another book I've been working on, which will be an Attack on Titan fanfiction :) if you'd be interested, I'd be happy for you to check my account to see the book (I currently only have two books: this one and the AoT one)
Love, Inlustirs

🌸🌸🌸

Walking all together, the albino explained their further doings and plans of escaping. As they went into the nearest forest in order for no one to hear them, they did not take sister Krone into consideration.
"Huh..?", Emma stopped in her tracks, making (Y/N) stop as well seeing as she was walking besides the ginger.

Looking towards the cluster of trees they've seen the older woman standing behind a tree, watching them with a sinister smile. Normans eyes widened for a fraction of seconds, but he quickly shook that feeling aside, "Sister Krone, would you like to speak to us, or?"

Though he couldn't continue as Krone had interrupted the boy "I've heard everything."

"What do you mean everything?!", brows furrowing, (Y/N) looked deep into Krones dark eyes which only seemed to sparkle when the children were in trouble, "I've heard your entire conversation back at the library.", her smile widening.

What would that mean for the six of them? Would it mean for them to get killed? Will they be shipped out early– "So hey, you guys.", muttered Krone, taking some steps closer to them, letting a hand rest on her chest while the other on her back, showing her honesty: "Would you like to team up with me?", leaning down on to the level of the children, her lips stayed positioned on that sinister smile.

Stumbling back in fear Gilda took a hold of (Y/N)s soft hand, ready to run away if necessary. Tightening her hold on her friends shaking hand, (Y/N) turned to Gilda, meeting her emerald orbs with a reassuring gaze- or at least that's what she tried to do, by swallowing all of her fear.

"Don't worry guys, we'll be okay–", said Norman suddenly, "Let's listen to what she has to say."

Earning shocked reactions, Norman knew 100 percent what he was doing. As if Krone knew he had figured everything out in that split second, her sharp eyes quickly turned to him, "Exactly.", straightening her back, she closed her eyes, quickly going through the conditions she revised before "All I'm asking is for us to join forces in order to help each other achieve our goals."

Upon seeing confusion on the kids' faces, she only smiled brighter, sinisterness turning into amusement. "Our goals?", muttered (Y/N), her eyes widening as sister Krone had heard her and met her (E/C) eyes, "Yes, our goals", she repeated, "Your goal is to escape, mine is to become Mama of this house.", pointing at herself, Krone began to laugh "My ultimate goal is to drag Isabella out of her position and snatch it for myself!"

"Her position..?", Don whispered softly, letting the Informatik sink it, looking fearfully pale.

"Just to let you know, I'm telling nothing but the truth right now.", opening her white collar, sister Krone revealed her neck, a series of numbers tattooed on the left side of it, "In fact I want to also escape, but from my current position."

Crouching down another time as if she was lecturing a stupid child, she let out another laugh, finding it honestly very amusing how she was scaring the team: "Do you guys know how the system is organized?"

It was quiet, so Krone took it as an obvious answer: no. "Girls who successfully clear a certain set of Requirements and end up living here until the age of 12 are given two options", pointing up two fingers she continued, putting down the first finger: "One is to be killed", smiling she put down the second finger: "And the other one is to work towards becoming a Mama."

This had raised Rays attention. His eyes widening, looking towards his friend with widened eyes, could it be it? Isabella had said it's none of his business, but he was sure she'd tell him if it would be this fate. He studied the girls expression, though it did not seem like it was the second time she'd hear it– she looked terrified, just like Emma, Gilda or Don.

If she was acting, she was damn good at it.

"What are the requirements.", turning back to Krone, Ray had asked, his voice hardening, ready to know if his dearest friend would hit these and if she'd being shipped out because of this.
Krone chuckled, "Eager one, huh?", though she quickly set aside the jokes, she continued her tellings: "Satisfactory grades and a recommendation from their very own mama. As long as you surpass these hurdles, you're guaranteed an option to live."

Now glancing back to Ray, her smile widened: "Though it only applies to girls."

Emma and Gilda had winced, Gildas grip now tightening in the (H/C) haired girl. "But honestly, I wouldn't recommend anyone taking that path.", not sparing another glance to the team she continues opening up, first her white apron, holding it her right arm, as the other had opened the buttons to her black dress, revealing her chest.

"Because they'll modify your body so that it'll become physically impossible for you to leave your designated areas."

A shocking wave showered everyone like a light drizzle rain that would happened now and then. "But don't worry", she put up her hands, nervously laughing at the silence of the group, "You are all still capable of doing so."

"What are you talking about..?", Don had muttered, catching Krones attention: "A microchip."

"We adults have a microchip planted on to our hearts that would send an electric shock if we'd leave that certain area.", letting her hand rest on her chest, she smiled at the cleverness of the cattle organization, "At the same time it will send out Higher ups an alerting warning signal if our heart would stop beating for varying reasons."

In other words, killing is not an option.

"My only option is to live within these grounds.", now letting her head hang, she glanced at the dirty path she remembered walking on when she was still a Child, "That's why I really want to make the best out of what I have."

Letting some of her earliest memories fly through her mind, she now recalled all of the happy faces of the children she had taken care of during her stay on grace field. "I want to spend the rest of my days as a mother, even if it'll all be fake.", her melancholic expression beim relaxed, she emotionlessly stared down the path, "I'd love to live in a cozy little house with a cozy family filled with adorable children who will all love me unconditionally.."

Unconditional love, cozy home, a family. This was something anyone would want to have- anyone who understands where they're coming from and what's going to happen to them. The youngest, (Y/N), started to sympathize with the older woman. She was still human after all. Maybe they're not really their enemy? Maybe they've got to be saved too..
Is that how Isabella felt as well?

Just maybe, she truly loves them deep, deep down...

"That's why I want to get rid of Isabella."