31

Screams, fire, smoke.

Her violet orbs widened as her nose caught on to the smell of burning and her ears hear the pairs of screams and yells.

Just moments ago, she had tucked in the last bit of children in her care as she wanted to sit down and report to the headquarters, though all of this has to wait now.
Rushing with her nightdress towards the sounds of distress, she stumbled down the stairs, turned to her right and witnessed the door towards the library wide open.

Running towards it, she was held back by the wall of pitch black smoke. 

Guarding her nose with her arm, her eyes squinted, adjusting to the stinging smoke, she saw the whole room lit up light, with blazing fire. All the pages of papers from books and the stools and tables, made of wood, were caught on fire.
In front of the scene was a weeping (Y/N), screaming at the top of her lungs. Besides her Emma, calling for help.

"Ray?", asked Mother, with widened eyes.

Emma turned around as (Y/N) kept her attention towards the flames. The red headed girl ripped away from (Y/N) as she latched on to the night dress of the Mother. "Emma!", yelled Mother back, grabbing harshly at her shoulders. Emma only continued weeping, "Mama, help!! Ray's in there!", crouching down to be as small as Emma, Mother followed her finger pointing towards the very flames, dancing menacingly, while eating away at the wood and every other material.

Mother was seen quickly grabbing into her black night dress pockets, hastily taking out her watch to check the transmitters.

The plan was working.

The transmitter was right in the middle of the library and it smelled horrendously, she covered her nose. 

"Shit!", she said sharply, she took a hold of Emma and (Y/N) while with her whole strength she shoved both out of the library. Running out of it herself, she closed the door. "Mama!"

It was Gilda that came running up towards Mother. 
"Gilda! Lead your siblings outside and take care of the little ones in my bedroom!", she commanded and Gilda quickly nodded, her hair bouncing up and down.
Rushing towards a direction, Mother had grabbed an extinguisher, ready to use it. "(Y/N), Emma!", she started, not turning around, but rather starting to put out the fire as best as she could, "You need to get out of here as well, at this rate, you'll- !", though this time she turned around, but was met with an empty hallway. 

All children had already rushed outside, but where..?

As she took out her pocketwatch another time, she checked their location. Her pounding heart had calmed down when she had realized that both of them were nearby, though they weren't visible.
Wondering if the smoke had caught both of them too now, she rushed to find them, nearing the small glowing dot on the transmitters. But upon realizing that there was nobody in front of her, even though the dot on the watch indicated for her that there should be something, she couldn't find them. "(Y/N)?", she called out, "Emma!?", another time she called for them, looking around the room, she couldn't find anything. The watch showed two glowing white dots, right in front of her.

Her violet orbs skipped from the watch on to the ground. Her empty heart skipped a beat, a cold rush showering over her whole being, actions dead in track as she was grinding her teeth against each other.

On the floor there were two bloodied up and cut off ears.

"Come on, come on, come on!", rushed Emma as she ran forwards. She was faster ever so slightly. Out of breath, (Y/N) tried to catch up, "I'm doing my best!"
She never had the best condition, especially after the past months of not doing anything other than pondering and worrying.