20

Closing the heavy wooden door behind herself, (Y/n) let her head hang lose, looking down at her brown leathery boots that has been assigned to wear for every orphan for as long as she knew

Closing the heavy wooden door behind herself, (Y/n) let her head hang lose, looking down at her brown leathery boots that has been assigned to wear for every orphan for as long as she knew. Her always propped up shoulders sinking as she felt all of the hope drain like wringing out a soaking wet cloth.

Sighing one last time, (Y/N) decided to get back to the shared sleeping chambers. By the time Isabella had finsihed her talk, or more like lesson, with (Y/N), it was about evening time. Not feeling like dinner, more like feeling sick to the stomach, she thought it would be better to excuse herself and tell everyone she wasn't feeling great.

She knew it would make some of the children worried for her but she just couldn't bear the look on their cheerful faces. Even though her family would always save her in times like these, it felt like she has reached the dead end and nothing could be done anymore.

Walking past the window mama had caught her, she looked at the little bunny that Conny painted on one last time: "I'm so sorry..", she had whispered with tears in her eyes. As quickly as she had whispered these words to Conny, she ran away headed towards the chambers.

As she ran, she had passed Emma and Phil who were laughing while on their way to the dining hall. (Y/N) didn't stop to look at them, last thing Emma saw were her long (H/C) hair that softly flew along. "Huh-", Emma stopped laughing and glanced towards the running girl, "Hey, (Y/N--". her smile fading as she put down Phil who she had in her arms, noticing her best friend wouldn't turn around. "What's up with her?", with a worried look she pondered.

Little Phils brows had furrowed and his smile faltered as well, "I saw her with Mama earlier, Emma", tugging on Emmas shirt he gained her attention. The gingers look hardened, "Mama?"

Opening the lighter door, (Y/N) quickly slid through into the room, quickly letting her eyes analyze the whole room of anyone that had hid here. Making sure more than once, she stepped into the direction of her bed, sitting down. Letting herself fall into the soft covers she let the cold of it engulf her as it slowly became warmer and warmer. Trying to cover her eyes from the burning light of the candle she lifted her arm and placed it on top of her eyes, her feet dangling just before the wooden floor.

It was silent, just what she had needed now. Though after a few minutes that had felt like hours, she heard a knock coming from the door. Then, silence again. After a while, she heard how the door had slowly opened and she sat up.

With tired (E/C) orbs she was met with a beautiful dark green pair. It was Ray who cooly stood in the door frame with his hands in his pockets. But to (Y/N) it looked more like Ray was uncomfortable. In one second as he entered he wouldn't know what to do. (Y/N) knew how he was feeling. Genuinely he was worried for his dearest friend.

But the second his took a step into the room he knew what he had to do. It all gone by fast, one step was taken, she stood up and as fast as he could, she was in his arms.

Silence.

Everything that was needed at a moment like this, was there. 

Burying her small face into the crook of his neck, she felt Rays hand rest on her head and his fingers run down the strands of her soft (Y/N) locks. Her tensed shoulders loosened.

Hugging her tighter, he knew something was wrong: "Are you okay?", with a low voice he had asked her. Instead of a vocal answer, he felt her only hug him more and shake her head. They've stayed like that for a little while longer as she let go of him, while he made sure she was still in arms reach and hold her, "I'm being shipped out soon."

Her tear stained face showed exhaustion while Rays face was shocked, "What.", he had to gulp, nausea was getting him, "But why?", taking a tighter grip of her arms he pressed further, "You still have some time until you'd be officially shipped out, how and why will you be shipped out?!", eyes widening he couldn't believe it.

Looking down, (Y/N) furrowed her brows, "I can't tell you Ray, it'll only complicate things..."

"I don't need you to tell me (Y/N)", letting go of her upper arms, he slid his hands on to her cheek, putting away strands of hair and tucking them behind her ears, "Look at me." 

His face now softer, no trace of shock, he gave her hope, "We'll get out of here.", something to hold on to,

"Together", 

to trust in,

"With our family?", through her tears she had smiled a cheeky smile,

"All of us."

I have corrected my mistake with Rays eye colour :) Thanks again to that user who told me that!
I wanted to figure out an updating plan/Schedule since I want to finish this fanfiction, but due to some complicated circumstances aka COVID-19, I have to be quarantined :0 (no, I'm not infected) I'll have a little bit more time on this book :) so no real plan for now, just updating so many times, how much my heart desires 😊