50. Bad Influence.

"This is the last warning, both of you. I am one more grey hair away from calling your parents."

Tracy and I cast pointed looks at Mr Brown's head full of grey hair. 

"I honestly can't see a trace of blonde in there anymore, can you?" Tracy muttered to me. I shook my head. 

"Does that mean he's calling them now?" I asked. 

"Out. Both of you!" Mr Brown fumed as we both rushed out of the principal's office snickering. 

"Man, how does irritating him always work?" I chuckled as Tracy and I exchanged an almost civil look before realising who the other person was and getting back to our glaring contest. 

We'd both decided to spend our free period by roasting, (trying to roast on Tracy's part), each other in the hallway. Mr Brown had found us on the verge of a cat fight. Apparently, we had all woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

You didn't even wake up on a bed, you woke up on the floor, my subconscious snickered. 

Shut up, I grumbled. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man stand up from his place and head to the principal's office. Narrowing my eyes at his back, I tried to remember why he seemed familiar but came up blank.

"Are you even listening to me?"  Someone snapped their fingers in my face. 

This bitch—

"Why would I do that? I don't want to go deaf just yet, you know," I raised an eyebrow at Tracy, who huffed. 

"Didn't we just go through this?" Tracy sighed in frustration. "We need to complete that project for English," she muttered, sounding like she wanted to do anything other than that. The feeling's mutual. 

"Let's go to the library," I nodded to the left, civil for once. 

"The library's that way," she deadpanned, pointing to the right.

"Whatever," I grumbled. 

The free period passed quickly as we worked on our project, sitting far away from the librarian who would banish us for life if she heard the kind of words we were using to catch each others attention. 

"We'll complete the rest tomorrow," Tracy decided for the both of us as she started packing her things up.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "You do that, I'm completing my part today."

This halted her movements, she knew she needed my help. She was smart when it came to other subjects but she always lost quite a few marks in English. "I have a life, unlike you."

"A life where you go and dress up your dolls at home?" I asked, innocently. 

"Will you let that go already? We were in 7th grade," she whined. I pretended to think about it and then shook my head with a smirk. 

"I have an appointment...at the salon," she argued. Then she saw just how much I didn't care and sat down with a groan. "Urgh, fine, let's get this fucking project done with."

"Actually, I changed my mind. Let's do this tomorrow," I nodded as I started packing my things up.

"You, little shit!" 

I snickered under my breath.  After a while, when I was still putting my stuff away, (I was used to emptying all the contents of my bag on a table), the hesitant look being sent in my direction was becoming too obvious for me to keep ignoring it. 

"Just say it already," I huffed at the devil's child, before looking up at her. 

She pursed her lips, which just increased my curiosity. What did she want to say that she was thinking so hard about?