47. "Cake By The Ocean."

"You look good."

Torryn Cole whipped his head to the sound of his mother's voice. He raised an eyebrow in question.

"You've checked yourself in the mirror the sixth time now, honey, and you normally don't even check once," Arabella Cole smirked at her son.

Torryn's ears felt like they were on fire as he cleared his throat. "I was just checking the mirror," He offered lamely. "It looked....weird."

"Sure, son," Theodore Cole chuckled, joining his wife at the door to Torryn's room.

Torryn's eyes narrowed. Was this an intervention?

Maybe his mom wanted to go on the date instead, Torryn snorted. He was sure she was almost happier than him about this date. Ethan, at least, had screamed to high heavens when Torryn informed him of the date. His ears were still ringing.

A bark broke him out of his thoughts and everyone turned to face Milo. He seemed to be barking his encouragement at Torryn. A soft smile broke out on Torryn's face. Now, where would he be without his wingman?

"Don't worry, the date's going to be perfect," his mom reassured, sensing his worries without him having to voice them. Torryn hoped to the gods his mom was right.

After what seemed like only minutes, Torryn was ringing the door bell to the Millers' house. He took in a deep breath before arranging his features into calm and composed—not that he felt calm and composed on the inside at all. Torryn was taking Aria Miller on a date! He almost couldn't believe his luck.

The door opened and Torryn's heartbeat quickened like it always did whenever she was nearby. Aria Miller grinned at him, emerald-green eyes shining brightly, looking cute in a cream sweater and blue jeans.

Dangerously cute, his subconscious reminded when he noticed the wicked gleam in her eyes.

When he'd told her to dress comfortably, he was sure she would dress in pajamas. He wouldn't mind, he knew first hand how adorable she looked in those.

"I'll admit, I was gonna wear pajamas," Aria smiled impishly, her eyes dancing with mischief.

"What happened then?" Torryn raised an amused eyebrow, trying hard not to smile like a fool.

"This sweater is new and I really wanted to wear it. Do you like it?" She gestured to the sweater with both hands, looking cuter than Torryn was accustomed to.

"Uh-huh," he nodded. "The color suits you." Everything suits you, he wanted to say.

"I know, right?" Aria grinned excitedly, making Torryn grin as well. Then, she bunched up the seater from the helm and lifted it to him, leaving her midriff exposed. His eyes widened frantically. What was she doing?

"Look at how soft it is, Cole," she sighed happily and Torryn calmed down. He touched the sweater once before rapidly bringing his hand back to himself. Torryn shook his head, trying to hide his smile. Being great at noticing little things, Torryn knew very well by now how much Aria loved new things, especially new clothes. She was always happy when she had on new clothes, so, at least he knew she was happy now.

"It is soft," he admitted. Then, he took out a small bouquet of chocolates and it held it out to her. Torryn also knew that Aria didn't really care much for flowers. Chocolate was the way to her heart.

"After my heart, are you, Pigeon?" Aria teased him, accepting the bouquet. She looked down lovingly at the chocolates and Torryn was almost jealous for a moment.

What are you jealous for? Be happier because it wasn't a bad idea and she likes it, his subconscious reasoned and Torryn shook himself out of his reverie.