27. The King of Clumsy

"Truth or Dare?" Walter asked.

"Dare," smirked Matt.

I sighed in relief.

"Hm, let me go through your search history for 2 minutes," Walter smirked.

Thank fuck, it wasn't me. Everyone here would probably doubt my sanity if they went through my search history.

Discreetly pulling out my cell phone, I checked what was the last thing I'd searched.

Pikachu's Siblings, it said.

Of course!

I looked up just in time to see Matt hand over his phone to Walter with an expressionless face (his was almost as good as Torryn's) and sit back calmly. His calm demeanour threw everyone off.

But after a few moments of Walter frowning at the cellphone, Matt's usual smirk came back onto his face. Meanwhile, Walter mumbled stuff like "costume", "inspirational quotes", "philosophers of the 19th century", and continued with his constipated look.

"And," Matt tapped the watch on his wrist, "your two minutes have come to an end. I'd like to have my phone back now," Matt grinned.

"What the hell?" Walter scowled but returned Matt's cellphone.

When Mae raised an eyebrow in question, Matt shrugged. "It's a new phone."

The bottle spun again and again and again and this time, it landed on Rhea.

"Truth or Dare?" She asked Cody, a friend from our History class.

"Truth," he smiled shyly.

"Okay," Rhea gave him a soft smile, "Is there anyone in this room that you have a crush on?"

I grinned. This was Rhea's favourite question to ask during Truth or Dare. She would ask that question and later try to deduce who the crush was.

Poor Cody's cheeks had gone red as he looked at the floor. He lifted his head and just for a second, I thought that his eyes flitted to me before he looked at Rhea and mumbled out a shy "yes".

Rhea decided not to prod him further and the game continued.

After some time, when we were all quite bored, one end of the bottle stopped before me and the other at Walter's best friend Zeke.

"Truth or Dare? " Zeke smirked.

"Dare," I chose simply because I was bored out of my mind.

Zeke apparently decided to go the pervy way. "Give me a kiss," he gave me a crooked smile.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Dammit," I sighed, getting on my knees, already planning to kiss him on the cheek and be done with it. And then-

CRASH

Everyone turned to look at Kyle who was staring in confusion at the lamp beside him, which looked quite unfixable now.

A simultaneous groan came from everyone in the circle. Kyle was known for his clumsiness at school. Everywhere he went, something fell and broke. If I was an everyday klutz, then Kyle was the King of Clumsy.

"Kyle, man," Ethan let out, "I know you can't help it, but can you please, like, help it?"

At this, Kyle frowned. "Hey, I didn't even know there was a lamp in this room. I don't know how it fell down," he said in a defensive tone.

Confused, I looked to see who was sitting beside him, while Brittany got up from her place beside me, sighing.

"It's okay, Kyle. I'll get it," she smiled politely.