29. "I'm a Pigeon, remember?"

"So?"

"So?"

"So, where is this case going?"

Inspector Bryant looked up from his papers and sighed. "In a direction that does not concern you, Miss Miller," He gifted me with a warm, sarcastic smile.

"And that's where you are wrong, Inspector," I smiled, crossing my legs.

"I am?" He asked, not looking up from the file in his hands.

"Uh-huh. I'm a citizen of this town and there is a murderer on the loose. I think that I speak for everyone in this town when I say that I'm just a little concerned for my safety" also because I'm a little too curious for my own good, I thought but of course didn't say it out loud.

Inspector Bryant finally put down the file in his hands and looked up to meet my gaze, "You know, anyone in a mile radius could tell that you were raised by lawyers. Also, girl, you don't fool me with the whole 'concerned for everyone's safety' act. You forget that we've been neighbours for your whole life and I've seen your shenanigans for the past 17 years. You're the most reckless person I know," he shook his head with a slight smile, "Now, what do you want? And if you are here only to ask about Elektra Queen's case, then I'm afraid you'll be going home empty-handed," he shot me a pointed look, "Or is there anything else you want to annoy me with?"

"You know, sometimes I get the feeling that you don't want me here-"

"I don't"

"But, I know that you secretly want me to be your personal secretary," I grinned. He looked down, his eyes crinkling as he tried to fight off a smile.

"So, you can't tell me anything?" I pouted.

"I'm afraid not," he shrugged picking up the file again, "Also, do your parents know that you're spending your free time harassing old men?"

"Maybe, maybe not," I looked down at my phone to see Mae calling me. "Well, Inspector, my ride's here. Until next time," I smiled sweetly at him as he smiled back, looking exhausted.

Just as I was going to leave the cabin, another officer came rushing in and handed a file to Inspector Bryant.

"The copy of the texts, as you asked," she said, side-eyeing me. I quickly glanced at her badge and what she was holding. Officer Sanderson was holding a copy of something with interesting initials at the top.

"I was just leaving," I reassured her and glanced at Inspector Bryant, "I'll be back soon."

"I hope not," He tried to put on a stern expression but ended up smiling.

With one last smile in his direction, I left the police station and bumped right into Selene and Anthony Jacobs.

"Uh h-hello," I sputtered, a little surprised at their presence since they lived in the next town over.

"Hello, there," Selene gave me a surprised smile while Anthony nodded at me. Once.

Well, here's a friendly guy.

"Aria, right?" She asked me.

"Oh, yes. Mrs Jacobs, how are you doing?" I shook the hand she had outstretched.

"I'm doing okay, well, better than before," she shrugged her shoulders.

"That's good to hear. What brings you here?" I gestured around the police station, even though I meant Paradise in general.

"Oh, there are a few developments in Elektra's," she cleared her throat, "case, so, Inspector Bryant called us down here. What about you? Why are you here?"