52. Who Killed Elektra?

"You really are a walking disaster, aren't you?"

"You really are a walking disaster, aren't you?" I mocked Torryn as I drove around the streets of Paradise. 

Valentine's was going pretty well. We'd gone to a painting class after we left from that cliff and then we went to a karaoke bar. They were both amazing and I also told an unhealthy amount of people that Torryn was now my boyfriend. I was totally over the moon and into the outer space. 

Now, we were going back to Mad Batter since I couldn't find my phone anywhere else and that was the last place I could remember my phone at. Torryn, being the little bitch that he was, was making fun of me. 

"Alright, one more mean comment from you and I'll leave you stranded, on the side of road," I warned him. 

He smirked back, forest-green eyes gleaming wickedly. "So that you can lose your way five minutes later?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. Did we somehow interchange personalities?

Torryn saw my expression and chuckled. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry. No more mean comments, I promise."

"Too late," I smirked. 

"Wait, what do you m—I apologised," he protested, sounding nervous. "I—woah!" 

Five minutes later, our ride was parked in front of Mad Batter and Torryn technically jumped out of the car. Why? Because I'd just covered the twenty minute distance in five. In a very rash manner. 

"How was the ride, honey?" I asked in a voice that was too sweet to be good.  Then as an afterthought, I added, "that's what she said." 

Torryn just shook his head as I snickered and followed me to the door of the cafe.

"Mr Hatter leaves it unlocked?" Torryn frowned as he noticed the open door of the cafe.

"Not really," I frowned, my gut singing bad tunes. "Maybe he's just spending some time in there?"

"It's almost midnight, but I guess we can hope," Torryn nodded but I didn't miss how his stance tensed and he entered before me, as if expecting a fight.  

Mad Batter was hauntingly quiet. Torryn and I tried to breathe in sync with the stillness of the cafe. I looked around and walked to the counter with a protective Pigeon attached to my side.

As silently as I could, I checked the drawers and found my phone in the second last one. It had a sticky note attached to it that said, give to shorty tom.. Only Jax called me that since he was like a lamp post compared to my height. It also made sense since I last came to the cafe to see him before my date. 

You need to tell Cole, my subconscious urged, and the others too. 

I will, I sighed, soon. Remembering my conversation with Jax, I pursed my lips and glanced at Torryn. He raised an inquiring eyebrow at me. I shook my head. This was supposed to be a romantic date, not one filled with worry.

Bam!

Torryn and I both stilled. 

I looked in the direction the noise had come from, to the back of the cafe where Mr Hatter's office was, and then exchanged a glance with Torryn before quickly shooting a text to a certain number. Before he could stop me, I moved stealthily in the direction of the noise, more silent than even the cafe. An exhausted sigh followed me to the back of the cafe. There was no noise now but the closer we got to Mr Hatter's office, sounds of shuffling could be heard. 

A shaky sigh released me in the dark and just as I was about to turn the doorknob—

Slam!