6. No offense, but you'd be broke

"Put the weapon down!"

"Don't tell me what to do. "

"Come on! Put that damn thing down."

"Not until you hand it over to me."

"No way! This is mine. I bought it first. "

"And I looked at it first. Also, I offered to pay you twice the actual amount. "

"Aria, I told you I'm not giving it to you. You can't buy me out! Now, put the weapon down, it's of no use."

"Really? I think you'd look even prettier stabbed, Ethan, " I cooed at him and he cowered back into a corner.

"Aria, you promised you wouldn't threaten me again! Now put that pointy compass away!" Ethan whined like a kid.

"Okay. But first, you give me the chocolate muffin and then I will happily put it away, " I said looking at with an expression that clearly stated, ' oh you ain't getting away with the damn muffin'. I wasn't this mean usually,  I just really wanted to eat the delicious-looking chocolate muffin.

We were sitting at our lunch table,
and by we, I mean Mae, Rhea, Mason, Ethan, Owen, Matt, Torryn and I. Apparently, Torryn and his friends had decided to join us today, too. We didn't mind. We enjoyed their company, too. It was rather fun to have them around.

Matt and Owen snickered at the forlorn expression on Ethan's face, while Rhea and Mason looked at him with pity, Mae smirked lightly as if someone's sadness was highly enjoyable to her and Torryn looked at us with his usual expressionless face, only there was a hint of amusement in his eyes.

Ethan gave a defeated sigh and handed over the muffin. Precious little muffin!

I lowered the compass and quickly snatched the muffin towards me and devoured it in a minute. Torryn, Ethan, Owen and Matt looked at me as if they couldn't believe I had really finished eating the muffin in under a minute. The others were used to my fast eating skills. I simply shrugged at them and ruffled Ethan's hair, saying, "I owe you."

Only Ethan was quick to smirk evilly at me and say, "You said it now. No takebacks."

I narrowed my eyes at him, nodding cautiously. He had been behaving a little suspiciously since yesterday.

Just when I was about to call him out on it, Rhea groaned and buried her head in Mason's shoulder, mumbling, "Argh, why is today so boring? "

Mason patted her head like a good friend and Mae looked at her with her classic 'ok, maybe I pity you just the littlest bit' smile.

I smirked at her, "Oh honey, today isn't bad! You're just grumpy because your girlfriend isn't here."

Oh, yes. Brittany Alden, the co-captain of the cheerleading squad of Paradise High, known for going on impromptu trips to the other end of the world which the school allowed as her parents were on the board of trustees, a total sweetheart and also Rhea's girlfriend of one year. With Rhea being the captain of the cheerleading squad and the head of the student council, the both of them were basically the power couple of our school. It was amazing how we had two Queen Bees, which was also the main reason why there were very few cases of bullying in our school since both of them detested bullying. But then again, that didn't decrease the number of basic bitches in our school.

Cough Tracy cough

Rhea rolled her eyes at me and sighed, "You know what? I do miss her! In fact, I'm gonna go and call her so that I don't have to see your ugly smirking face anymore."

She got up from her seat to walk out of the cafeteria.

"Oh please, we both know I'm the Most Beautiful Person in this world. Proper nouns and all, " I yelled at her retreating form.

She waved her hand at us without turning around, "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Aria!"

I looked at everyone at the table and smiled.
"She loves me."

At this, almost everyone snorted. Matt gave a smile, "Of course, Aria."

I huffed at them and removed an entire pack of chocolates that I always carried for emergencies from my bag. Everyone's eyes widened at the sight of the sheer size of the packet. I started eating my chocolates in record time, ignoring the disbelieving looks that I was probably receiving by now.

"What if we had chocolate currency, guys?" I asked, smiling wistfully.

Owen looked at all the chocolate wrappers that lay in front of me and said, "No offense but you'd be broke by the end of the first week."

I groaned, "Not you, too. I thought you were the good one, man!"

Owen smiled and shrugged his shoulders at me. I looked at everyone at the table and asked, "So, who's coming to Mad Batter tomorrow? "

Ethan furrowed his eyebrows and said, "Didn't we decide to go on Saturday? "

I was about to point out to this dummy that tomorrow was Saturday when I caught sight of Torryn shaking his head rapidly at me. Poor Ethan didn't see this action of Torryn's though. Now that he had my attention, Torryn subtly lifted a finger to his amazingly soft-looking lips.

I should ask him if used vaseline.

Matt coughed a little, "Yeah Aria, we did decide to go on Saturday. Tomorrow is Friday. Right, Owen?", he asked, to which Owen replied by nodding his head. Oh. Ohhh.

Mason and Mae, having caught onto this by now, were barely able to conceal their smiles.

Mason looked at Mae and said in a loud voice, "Hey, weren't we supposed to submit our history project on Friday? "

Mae nodded, "Yeah man, tomorrow! "

"Hey, Ethan, weren't you supposed to clean the gym today as detention?", Torryn asked and I could feel it in my bones that something amazing was about to happen. Cruel, but amazing.

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me! Ughh, thank God, they're making me do it today and not on a Friday, because the football team uses it after their practice and it gets extra hard to clean up the gym after their muddy feet have been in there and the last time that happened,  I went home at 6 in the evening and my mom refused to let me in because I was all muddied up and that would ruin her new carpets. Urgh, I would hate for that to happen again!"

At this, all of us looked at him and smiled.

The poor, poor thing just looked at us with confusion clouding up his face. "Uh, guys, is something wrong? "

I smiled my sweetest smile.
"Nothing. Nothing at all."

********************************
Hey you guys!
I'm very sorry for such a late update but I had exams, so I didn't get the time to write.
I promise to update every week from now on, though!
I know, nothing really happened in this chapter, because it's kind of a filler and I think we'll get back on track by next week!
Guys, please let me know what you think about this chapter!
Like, be brutally, heartbreakingly honest.
Kidding. I'm CJ. Sugarcoat it for me! Kidding again!
But please let me know what you really think!
Anyways, until next time!
Don't forget to
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Aria: I'll give you a chocolate if you vote!