10. What? I like to come prepared!

I was in a bad mood.

Anyone foolish enough to cross me today would die.

It was almost 8 in the morning and I could list more than 5 things that were wrong with this day.

1) It was Monday.

2) Mae had some work and couldn't pick me up today, resulting in me having to do something as horrible as walk to school.

3) I was up reading last night and slept late, hence, I woke up late.

4) Because of (2) and (3), I couldn't have the delicious-looking chocolate pancakes my Dad had prepared today.

5) I didn't have my usual coffee.

6) In the book I was reading last night, one of my favourite characters died.

7) I was mourning the character's death but since I'm not the greatest at dealing with my own emotions, the sorrow turned into anger.

8) I think that's enough reasons for me to be miserable.

I think it's time for me to go and read Harry Potter again.

After completely skipping shower, I was proud to say I reached school 10 minutes before the warning bell was rung. I don't know why my mom insists on me bathing every day. I mean, not showering saves both time and water, you know? Oh well, to each her own!

I was just transferring my books from my locker to my bag, when I heard a familiar voice sneer, "I was wondering why the school smelled like garbage but now I know."

I slammed my locker shut, turning to leave. "Not now, Tracy. I'm not in the mood to play tea party with you. "

A bad start to the morning + a basic bitch = a pissed off Aria!

"Why? Out of your comments that you think are oh-so-smart, are you? Hmph. What are you even wearing? No wonder, people don't interact with you", she flipped her hair dramatically. This bitch was not getting the hint. She continued, "I mean, look at you, you look like a homeless person. And look at me." This was accompanied by another dramatic hair flip.

All this while, I wasn't even looking at her directly, I was searching my bag to check if I had my English homework with me. Without lifting my head, I replied in a saccharine sweet voice, "According to economics, beauty is worthless, sweetie, so don't try to flaunt yours in my face. It's worthless."

I looked up when I saw that I indeed had my English homework in my bag.

Tracy, or the now Red-Faced Turd, sputtered.
"Economics? Ew! What a nerd!" was her intelligent reply.

I raised an eyebrow at the devil's child. "You know Tracy, I truly, from the bottom of awesome heart, do not care." I turned around and started walking away from the devil's child whose face was actually priceless.

"Also, I hope you choke on your diet coke for trying to worsen my mood."

I walked to my class without anyone bothering me, because, after my involuntary tea party with Tracy, there was an even more pissed off expression on my face. I guess, everyone just wanted to stay safe.

                            -×-

"Woah, who ate your Nutella?", Ethan exclaimed when I slid into my seat beside Mae in our English class with a scowl on my face.

Huh. So he was in my English class. Him and the other bad boys weren't exactly known for attending classes. Oh, well.

Mae, who had sensed my mood from fourteen feet away, silently searched for something in her bag. She seemed to have found whatever she was searching for as she turned to me and held her hand out, offering me a few eclairs. Mae always kept chocolates on her in case of emergencies. Oh, how I loved my best friend!

"When she's in a mood like this, you don't talk to her unless you have chocolates. " I could hear Mae's from far away as I devoured the chocolates in under a minute and then pouted at the empty wrappers.

Why must all the good things come to an end?

Ethan nodded at Mae as if soaking in an important life lesson. He suddenly grinned and patted the empty seat next to him, calling me to sit next to him. I furrowed my brows in question, not wanting to leave Mae to sit alone but then saw that Mason had just entered the class, so I got up and shifted.

Ethan then proceeded to pull out a chocolate cake from his bag.
Wait, what?!

I looked at his bag as if it was some magical bag that gave you whatever you wished for. "H..how? Wait, why do you have a cake with you?"

"What? I like to come prepared! What if I was hungry during class?" he said in a defensive tone.

I nodded, completely understanding where he was coming from, and took the fork that he was offering to me. I looked at Mae and Mason, the latter was shaking his head as if he couldn't believe Ethan, while the former just shrugged.

Just like that, my good mood had returned.

And, I knew that I had found myself a very good friend.

                              -×-

"So, is it just our fellow peers exaggerating things as usual or did you really bitch-slap Tracy? "

I raised an eyebrow at Matt, who was the first one after me to reach our lunch table and also the one who asked the question.

"What do you think?"

He grinned at me. "Well, I think anything is possible. I mean, I did see you stab a person in the hand, you know? So, what's the truth?"

"As tempting as it was, nah. I didn't bitch-slap her. Damn, where do you get your rumours from, man?"

He laughed. "I was really hoping that you got into a fight, dude! "

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think I'd like to get a suspension on my record; that too in my senior year! Also, you guys are the ones who like to get into fights!"

"Woah, woah, who likes to get into fights?" Owen asked, sliding into the seat next to Matt.

Sensing a movement to my right, I turned to see Torryn sliding into the seat next to me. Behind him stood Ethan, grinning his dimples off, a weird glint in his eyes. I decided immediately that I didn't particularly like that glint.

Mae, Rhea and Mason had settled around us by now.

"You guys, duh!" I rolled my eyes, pointing at Ethan, Torryn, Owen and Matt.

"Hey, we don't like getting into fights. It's only self-defense!" Owen defended him and his friends.

"We try to avoid consorting to violence as long as possible. We never raise our hands first, " Torryn furrowed his brows.

Okay, not gonna lie, he looked kinda cute with that almost pout on his face.

"Ew. Why are you guys talking about fights?" Rhea scrunched her nose. Mason snorted as if she was asking why I ate chocolates. (The answer to that would be to survive, duh!)

"Yeah, let's talk about the real deal. Murders," Mae suggested from my left.

And just like that, the entire table erupted with stories of their own.

********************************

Hey, guys!

I'm kind of trying to fall back into routine, we'll see how it works out though! I know this chapter wasn't exactly very exciting but its because I'm still learning!

Anyways, I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think!

Wish you guys a very Happy New Year!!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Ethan: Vote and I'll become your best friend!