46. "Code Red!"

"Code Red! I repeat it's a Code Red!"

"Yes, Rhea, we know. We'll be there in 5," I hung up the phone and shook my head in exasperation.

"What do you think Rhea's doing that requires a code red?" Mae asked from the driver's seat. "Burying a body?"

I grinned. "Oh gods, I hope she's burying a body."

Rhea was not, in fact, burying a body. This is worse, I thought as I took in the three crying toddlers and realised that it would probably be me burying three particular bodies very soon. 

"The others are on their way," Rhea informed, looking on the verge of tears. The triplets must've been too much for her to handle, I realized.

Five minutes later, all three toddlers were laughing merrily at the T.V. screen.

"Why wasn't T.V. your first instinct?" I asked Rhea, curious.

"They were supposed to behave, Aunt Lucy said as much. They were fed and everything, so when they started crying, I panicked and called all of you," she admitted bashfully.

"It's cool. Where's Brit?" I asked.

"Not in Paradise," Rhea shrugged. "She's in New York with her dad."

I nodded. It was normal for Brittany to leave with her dad for a few days. She would be taking over the business someday apparently.

"All this shit aside," Mae leaned back in her seat, putting her legs on the coffee table, "Wanna hear some hot goss?"

"Ooh, what is it?" Rhea leaned forward in her seat, looking interested.

Mae pointed at me, "This love bird kissed the other love bird yesterday." She smirked and even though I tried very hard to fight the blush, my cheeks fumed bright red.

"Finally!" Rhea slammed the coffee table making everyone in the room jump. "Aw, is little Aria blushing? You are!" Then she gasped as if she just realized something. "Your babies would be so cute!"

"Gross," Mae and I said as one.

"What's gross?" Ethan asked as everyone else filed into Rhea's house.

"Your face," Mae retorted.

"Is the dye not off my face yet?" He murmured to Matt standing next to him.

"What dye?" I asked.

"Nothing!" Ethan yelled making everyone in the room jump for the second time that day, only this time, one of the triplets started crying, which was apparently a sign for the other two to follow.

"Geez, you noisy bastard," Mae swore at Ethan. "Look at what you've done."

"What the hell?" Owen furrowed his brows.

"Did you kidnap someone's children?!" Ethan's wide, frantic eyes zoomed in on us.

"Don't be stupid," I smacked him upside the head as Rhea walked to the toddlers. "They're Rhee's cousins."

I followed her and stared at the crying gremlins.

"Would whacking them over their stupid heads help?" Mae asked from her seat.

"No, it'll only make them cry more," I told her. Then I turned to Mason who was the last one in. "Where's Cole?"

"Parking the car," he replied, looking uncomfortable at all the noise in the living room.

"Thanks," I nodded to him before Rhea handed me a toddler, Daisy, and another one to Matt, who was unfortunate enough to be standing nearby. We were then instructed to bounce the crying creatures. Daisy, bless her soul, didn't take a lot to calm down.

I heard a door open and close before marching towards it.

"Late much?" I arched an eyebrow at Torryn, shifting Daisy in my arms. "I had a kid while you were gone."

"What?" He looked taken aback for a moment at the sight of Daisy before his eyes cleared and a small smile pulled at his lips, lips that I really wanted to kiss again. I liked the way that smile lit up his entire face. "Uh-huh. What's her name?"

Well, this is noice, my subconscious commented as Torryn stood close, smiling down at me.

"Daisy," I informed him as I lead him to the living room. "Do you want to hold her?"

Torryn shook his head rapidly. "I'm afraid I'm not that good with kids."

I shrugged and glanced at Mae and Ethan making fun of Matt as he handled Drake and turned to see Mason, Owen and Rhea  trying to get Daniel to stop crying.

"Well, I definitely like you better than your brothers," I told Daisy and she immediately cracked a smile, patting my shoulders.

"How was the rest of your day yesterday?" Torryn asked.

"Uh, good, just a little surprising. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. All of you, actually."

                           -×-×-×-×-×-

"So, you're saying that Mr Hatter, our personal Santa Claus, wants to kill someone?" Ethan asked once I told them all about what I'd heard yesterday.

"No, I'm saying that this is just what I heard," I sighed in frustration. "He could mean anything by that."

"Yeah," Matt nodded. "That was one shady-ass conversation though."

"Agreed," Torryn shrugged.

"That chat did not favour Selene Jacobs in any way," Owen added. "Christ, what was the woman up to?"

"Possibly the murder of Elektra Queen," Mae supplied.

"Elektra seemed pretty ruthless from their conversation," Mason pointed out.

"Well, she seemed ruthless even when we met her so, is that really a surprise?" I pondered as I slumped back into my seat next to Torryn. All the exhaustion from school and work was catching up to me.

"Tired?" Torryn glanced back at me, his forest-green eyes soft. "You should rest more."

"No rest for the wicked, Pigeon," I grinned, leaning my head against his shoulder. This reminded me of the time I'd leaned my head on his shoulder at Elektra's funeral. That seemed both like it had happened yesterday and a year ago.

"Whatever you say, sweetheart," he smiled back.

"I don't like this at all," Rhea said, referring to the whole deal with Mr Hatter.

Before I could make a comment about her not liking anything other than Brittany, a loud ding sounded through the house.

"The chicken," Rhea bolted up, her face paling. "Fuck!"

"Fuck," the triplets repeated as one and we all stilled. "Fuck," they said again.

Rhea's house erupted into noise as half of us burst out laughing and half of us tried to calm down a hyperventilating Rhea.

***************************************

Hiya!
I'm kinda on time so yay!
Also I know this chapter is kinda short and not much happened but I felt like writing it since I had no idea what else to write and if I don't write regularly, I fall into a black hole called 'writer's block'.

Anyways, hope you liked it. Lemme know your thoughts on this chapter!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Pengy: Vote because I have almost no idea about what comes next. Let's be surprised together, yes?