51. Crime and Confetti.

"What exactly were you thinking when you signed us up for that?"

I grinned at Torryn. "This is too crazy an opportunity to pass up on, obviously."

Torryn shook his head, a smile flitting upon his lips. "You're going to burn it all down, aren't you?"

"Hey," I cried. "I'm not that bad!"

"Right," Torryn nodded in agreement. "You're worse."

"You know what, I'll just invite someone else instead," I glared at my Pigeon.

"I'll be there," Torryn narrowed his eyes, leaning his head against the wall.

"Good little Pigeon," I smiled sweetly, kissing him swiftly on the cheek and smiling smugly when I noticed the red that tinged his ears. "I'll pick you up at six."

"Okay, sweetheart," he grumbled. "Ready?"

"Yup," I smirked, looking at the door as footsteps approached.

"Torryn, I'm having a mid-life cri—aaaaaaah," Ethan screamed, falling on the floor of Torryn's bedroom with lots and lots of confetti covering him. Well, sticking to him would be a more appropriate since the confetti would not be coming off anytime soon.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ethan!" Torryn and I wished him before we burst out laughing as we abandoned the now empty buckets on the floor. Milo barked in joy and ran in circles around Ethan.

"I have a date, you know?" Ethan snarled at us.

"Oops," I smiled innocently, calling Millo back to me.

"Do you two have nothing better to do?" Ethan whined, trying to get as much as confetti off of him as possible.

"Well, Torryn scored pretty good in Friday's Chemistry test, so, this is his reward," I explained. Torryn just came to stand closer to me, putting an arm around my waist. My cheeks turned a shade redder than a red pear since I still wasn't used to physical intimacy.

"You couldn't have asked for a different reward?" Ethan scowled at Torryn, now just laying down on the floor. "I mean, it is Valentine's Day, if you know what I mean."

"Now, that you say it," Torryn smirked, turning to face me. "Can I ask for a different reward?"

I smoothly detached myself from his arm, trying to look like my cheeks didn't need a fire truck to save them at the way they were burning. "Nah, too late."

"Hm," Torryn pouted, making my eyes flicker down to his lips before staring back into his eyes. I gulped when he smirked once more.

I don't like the look in his eyes. Abort mission. I repeat, abort mission! My subconscious screamed in my head.

"Okay," he shrugged.

"Okay?" I squeaked.

"Uh-huh," Torryn nodded, relaxing against the wall next to him.

"Damn, you two need to—"

"Ethan, did you get mugged?" A gasp interrupted Ethan from completing his sentence and my subconscious and I cheered Arabella for her perfect timing.

"Yes," Ethan replied. "By your son and his girlfriend," he grumbled.

Not his girlfriend yet, my subconscious said but I shrugged.

Arabella turned her amused eyes to us and I waved at her.

"We didn't mug him," I told her solemnly. "It was Milo."

Milo, the poor boy, barked in agreement. His rap sheet was growing day by day but he was too adorable to be tried for any of the crimes.

"We were just celebrating," Torryn shrugged.