The Hurricane (Bonus Chapter)

Alright, kids, HII!
So, this update is like a year late, hehe.

Okay, so the first part is a continuation (of sorts) of a part in Chapter 33.

Without further ado, the first bonus chapter of Trouble in Paradise!

~-~-~-~

Torryn Cole was seven years old when he first met the sneaky, chocolate-loving disaster that was Aria Miller.

Of course, then he only knew her by her first name, just a girl he had met at a playground he didn't even go to usually.

And yet.

And yet he had asked his dad to take him to the same playground the next day. 

Unfortunately, their family business was going through a rough phase and his dad had decided that the playground they had at home would have to suffice. 

What Torryn didn't know was that he wouldn't meet Aria Miller for another seven years. That was what fate had apparently decided when Torryn moved to a bigger city with his parents. 

                                                                                                   *** 

Torryn Cole was fourteen now. His family had moved back to the little town of Paradise and for that, he was grateful. As much as he liked the big, city-life, Paradise was home. 

Torryn was happy to be going to the same school as three of his closest friends, Ethan, Matt, and Owen. 

That was when he'd once again crossed paths with Aria Miller, this time learning the full name of this hurricane of a person.

Because that was what she was to him, a hurricane. Nothing had been the same ever since the day she came into his life. Like a hurricane she'd demanded all of his attention, and even though he'd spent years rebuilding the houses of friendship in his heart, the damage was done.

One interaction at the swings, and the hurricane had taken his heart.

But he didn't know that, when he, the newly enrolled student at Paradise High, told her that, yes, she was terribly lost, and no, the gym was nowhere near the chemistry labs.

Flashing him a thankful smile that had his brain go haywire for a good few moments, she had run off in the actual direction of the gym.

He only stared after her. He couldn't believe it. It was her

The girl from the playground. It had to be her. Her eyes, and her smile were the exact replica of the little girl he'd met.

Ethan had to physically shake him out of his stupor. Telling him that though it wasn't uncommon to see someone start-struck by Aria Miller, he certainly didn't expect Torryn to be a part of that crowd.

Torryn had snapped harshly at him, insisting that he was merely wondering at the girl's ridiculous sense of direction. Ethan had chosen to leave it at that. 

When he was sure that his friends were sufficiently invested in the on-going discussion about which cafe they should go to after, he glanced back once more, at the direction the hurricane had disappeared off to. 

Miller, huh? 

The corner of his lips quirked up, shaking his head as he joined his friends once again. 

***

Torryn Cole was seventeen now. He was staring into the beautiful, jade-green eyes of Aria Miller as some stupid, masked man held a gun to her head.