4.Hand Over The Cow!

"Where have you been?" Mae asked me. At this, everyone at the table looked at us.

"I just went to the restroom," I said, raising an eyebrow at her question.

"Well, stop disappearing. I still feel uneasy after what happened, " she grumbled eating her precious cheesecake.

I almost cooed at my usually uncaring best friend's concern. Before I could say anything, Matt beat me to it.  "Don't worry, babe. From what I saw, Aria here is quite skilled at stabbing people. I mean, I wouldn't want to be on your bad side, Aria", he said, tilting his head towards me and shrugging his shoulders and then winking at Mae, who glared at him in return.

We were sitting at a table, still at the cafe, waiting for our turn with the cops since we wanted to finish our orders. Everyone was bonding. Well, everyone except Torryn Cole, of course. He was just observing and answering if asked directly. Wow, he really didn't like talking much, did he? Man, I sound like a stalker again!

"I know! Do you, like, practice stabbing people in your free time or something? " Ethan asked, looking at me with wide eyes.

I just smirked at him creepily, "Now, it's not like I'd tell you if I really did stab people in my free time."

At this, everyone at the table except Mae, just laughed nervously. Mae and I just exchanged a creepy look with each other, which only helped in creeping out a bunch of already creeped out teenagers.

Torryn's lips lifted just the slightest bit, showing me just how beautiful this boy really looked even while performing an action this small. He smirked at me, as if to say he approved of my little mind game. And somehow, that little smirk made me feel just a little more proud of my ability to play mind games with people.

    ***********

That night I had a strange dream.
I was on a farm. Somehow, I also knew that the farm was mine. You know, how in a dream you just know? Yeah, that's how I knew that I owned the farm. Anyways, there were two men in ski-masks, pointing their guns at me and shouting at me, "Hand over the cow! " repeatedly. I just laughed in their face and went off riding my cow in the sunset.

It was safe to say that I really doubted my mental stability when I woke up in the morning for school. But then again, I had always been more on the insane side and I really can't control my dreams. With I reassurance, I felt better and started getting ready for school.

"Sweetie, call me when you reach school, okay?" Mom said, looking at me worriedly.

Yes. She was fussing over me after what happened yesterday. She was really worried about something bad happening to Caleb or I in school and also wanted us home as soon as school was over.

Dad, on the other hand, was pretty cool about the situation. Of course, he was worried when he got there at the cafe yesterday. But after the initial shock wore off, he just went back to being the chill dad that he was. He was proud of my presence of mind and stabbing skills. Caleb even asked me if I felt cooler now that I had actually stabbed someone. I, obviously, answered in the affirmative. This resulted in him and me getting smacked on the head by Mom.

Thankfully, she couldn't do anything more since a loud honk was heard from outside, indicating that Mae was here to pick me up. I kissed Mom and Dad on the cheek and bid Caleb goodbye.

"How are you this fine morning? ", I asked Mae, getting into her old black jeep, Bill. Old Bill had been through a lot. He previously belonged to Mae's older brother, Alex before he went off to college. We loved Bill like our own, though.

"Just about functioning, " she answered, passing over my cold chocolate coffee to me. Ah, the perks of having a best friend you have known since forever!

We were in school after five minutes. The minute we entered school, we were bombarded with questions.

"You were at the Mad Batter yesterday, weren't you? "

"Aria, I heard you pulled out a gun and shot at least twenty- six robbers in the face. Is that true? "

 "What? No! I heard she decapitated one of them. So, did you, Aria?"

 "No, you idiot that's murder! I heard she got help from the bad boys and also made out with one of them after the fight. So, who did you make out with? "

What the fuck?

I looked at everyone with wide eyes. Before I could get myself out of this situation, Rhea swooped in like an angel to save the day.

"Everyone stop crowding the hallways this instant! Get back to your own business. Bell will ring in five minutes. Off to class everyone! " she screamed at everyone. Well, she could since she was the head of the student council. She had a lot of authority. At times like these, I was grateful for having her as my friend.

Everyone scattered off and I let out a sigh of relief and looked at Rhea, "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," she smiled at me.

"People seriously need to think before they speak."

I looked at Mae, the owner of that voice, who had managed to make it out unscathed and looked as deadly as ever.

     ************

I was pissed.

Everyone was being a pain in the ass. It was lunch now and there were rumours floating around the entire school. The craziest one so far was that I was working for the CIA and the robbers were actually a part of a Mafia that I helped take down.

Now, I wouldn't be so annoyed if it weren't for the fact that everyone was coming to me with stupid questions that made me want to kill them and then myself.

Anyways, we were currently in the cafeteria having lunch. Suddenly, four chairs at our table were pulled back and we looked up to see that the Bad Boys had joined us for lunch.

Ethan looked at us and smiled sheepishly. "You see, we enjoyed your company yesterday. So we thought, 'why not join them?'. We hope you don't mind, though."

"Of course not!" I answered on behalf of my group after we all shrugged at each other in agreement.

Usually, it was just Rhea, Mason, Mae and me at our table, but the table was big enough to accommodate four more. So, we welcomed the Bad Boys.

Though it was kind of surprising since they never really shared a table with anyone and no one dared to go and actually join their table.

They weren't all that bad according to me, but they had been in their fair share of fights. Except for Owen, he usually only contributed to Ethan's pranks.
When they sat down at our table, somehow Torryn Cole ended up next to me.

Well, lunch was going to be an interesting affair!

         ×××××××××××××

Hello, teddy bears!
I am healthy and I am back!
I didn't exactly like this chapter but I'll try to make the next one more exciting. Also, something is wrong with my Wattpad, some of the letters are like, vanishing and there's suddenly a huge amount of gap between words (at least on my Wattpad) and also, I have to scroll even if I have the paging mode on.
Let me know if you're experiencing the same problem.
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE!

Your best friend will get you a cold chocolate coffee if you vote!