25. Welcome to Mad Batter!

"You look... different. "

"I do, don't I?"

"Uh-huh, and what's the reason behind you being so dolled up on a  random Thursday?" Brittany Alden gave me a curious smile, glancing at my attire that consisted of my cutest top and skinny jeans and converse.

"A random Thursday?!" I gasped as Rhea rolled her eyes. "Today is anything but a random Thursday,  Brit."

The dark-skinned beauty raised a perfectly sculpted eyebrow at me and then turned to Rhea.

"It's her first day at work," Rhea explained as I bounced excitedly in my seat.

Everyone at the lunch table ignored my bouncing (they got used to it after the first period).

"That's great, " Brittany gave me a beautiful smile and if I weren't as straight as I was, I'd definitely ask her out. But, then again, Rhea would take my life if I tried that.

"I know!" Damn, my pitch would have made Monica Geller proud.

"Well, " Brittany continued looking at all of us, "As you all know, it's Halloween this Saturday and I'm hosting this year's Halloween party. It's, of course, a costume party and, " she said, looking at Mae's face,  "no, you won't be allowed inside without a costume. Also, you are not allowed to say no. Party starts at 8, " She gave us a smile that reminded us why no one dared to cross the beautiful, polite girl who mostly wore pink.

With a quick peck on Rhea's lips, Brittany sashayed away to sit with her friends. Everyone at our table stared in awe of the girl.

"Well, I'd only known her but I'd never really talked with Brittany, " Owen said.

"Damn, Rhea, you really know how to choose them, " Matt said as Torryn nodded in agreement.

"Of course, I do, " Rhea smirked as she took a bite of her brownie- wait, what?

A brownie? How didn't the smell reach me yet?

I shifted closer to Rhea, stretching my palm out in front of her. She huffed, " Go away, Aria. I'm not giving you my brownie."

"But...but, " I racked my brains, trying to remember what I could use against her and then it hit me. "Ah, yes! Dear Rhea, " I started in a sickly sweet voice, "did you forget that it was the awesome, generous me who helped you with your history project around five weeks back when you were almost in tears with all the other schoolwork you had?"

Rhea's eyes widened in disbelief, "And whatever happened to 'what are friends for'? You said you wouldn't hold that against me!"

"I lied, " I shrugged. "Now, pass on the yummy-looking brownie, sweetheart, " I smiled.

She handed it to me grumpily, "Oh, I'm going to get my revenge, Aria Miller, just you wait. I'm going to destroy you, " she was seething by now.

I smiled, enjoying her anger.

"Aria, you play brutal, " Ethan pointed out.

"But I get what I want in the end, " I spoke through a mouthful of brownie.

"Close your mouth, Aria," Mason sighed, pushing his glasses up.

"Bleh," I said, opening my mouth more.

"Did you submit your Art project?" Mae asked from beside me, successfully distracting me.

"Oh, yes, " I grinned, "Mrs Willis loved it! She said Cole and I make a good team. Didn't she?" I turned to Torryn.

"Apparently, " he stated drily before turning back to his lunch.

I rolled my eyes. "She said that and she told me that we'd done a weird but good job."