Arriving in Tokyo

The train was going fast on its trail. While entering a tunnel, it jolted the passengers as an announcement could be heard: (in Japanese) "Next station, Tokyo."

(Y/N) was awakened by the sudden movement and noise. She stretched her limbs and let a yawn escape her mouth. A young man sitting on the other side of the corridor looked at her. As their eyes met, he turned his gaze away shyly. (Y/N) blushed slightly in embarrassment, but she couldn't resist it. She had been traveling for so long that her body was beginning to ache.

'Tokyo. Finally, I'm here.' Almost 8 years after her parent's death, she would begin the real search for the responsible.

"You're too weak. You will only get yourself killed."

Those words, the foreign sorcerer with the piercing blue eyes, had told her when she declared she would go after the curse user responsible for her parent's death, were still engraved in her memory.
'Guess what. I'm stronger now.' That's why it took her so long to begin the search. She had to get stronger first.

The train was slowing down, and (Y/N) took her backpack and went to the door of the train. She didn't have much time to look around, but she couldn't resist going once through the underground mall avenue in the station. The smell of food was in the air as she passed the different restaurants. She ended up having lunch there before going to her new apartment she had rented online.

With a full belly, she made her way out of the underground station, a cold wind mixed with rain hitting her. It was at the end of February, so there was no surprise about the shitty weather. She closed up her jacket and put on the hoodie as she stepped out into the rain.

The streets were busy, although the weather, and (Y/N) needed to be careful not to get lost. From time to time, she would check her GPS on her phone until she stopped in front of a sushi place. The apartment was located over the restaurant. She looked around the streets. Here, they weren't so busy, maybe because this neighborhood was looking rundown. The restaurant, in itself, seemed to have had better days.

Eventually, she entered the restaurant. Inside behind the counter was a couple, maybe in their early thirties, two small girls running around the empty tables. (Y/N) noticed a small curse with such low cursed energy that it was barely even a fourth-grade curse. It was chasing after the small girls and was about to make one of them trip when (Y/N) put her hand on its head and absorbed its energy, exorcising it. This absorbing ability of hers was new. She had gained it through an ancient and painful ritual she had discovered in Tibet, the place where she had been last.

It looked like the smaller of the girls was aware of that curse because she asked (in Japanese): "Hey, what did you do with little devil?"

(Y/N) had learned some Japanese over the years, so she could understand and respond to the girl. "You saw that, didn't you? Don't worry, you will probably find others like it."

The voices drew the attention of the parents who were busy cleaning. "Good afternoon, miss. I'm sorry, but at this time, we are closed, only reopening later for dinner."

Somewhat embarrassed (Y/N) said. "I'm here because of the apartment, actually. I'm (L/N) (Y/N), and I have rented the studio."

While the man bowed to apologize, he said. "I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I'll go get the keys and show it to you."

The apartment looked like in the photos. It already had a bed and a coat rack. The kitchen that was apart from the living room also had the essentials. It was an old apartment but was in good condition and very clean. So the first thing she did was take a shower to get ready for her job interview.

Since she had been cast out from the jujutsu community by the higher-ups, she needed some kind of income. That's why she would mostly work as a bartender. With her black skinny jeans, a white blouse, her white sneakers, some earrings, and light makeup, she was ready to go. She would usually choose a nice bar to work so the tips were bigger.

The bar owner was maybe around his forties. He looked fit and dressed casually chic with some jeans, a button-down shirt, and some fancy shoes. As (Y/N) walked in, she already felt his gaze evaluating her. She walked confidently up to him. The appearance was important for this job, and someone shy would maybe sell fewer drinks than someone with confidence.

"(Y/N), I presume?"

"Yes, nice to meet you, Mr. Hasegawa."

"Please call me Kazuo. So, I have your curriculum here. Impressive, you have gotten around, what? You have worked in five different countries as a bartender? But over a year, you have had no occupation?"

"I have been traveling and bartending to get money. But last year, I had gained enough to keep only traveling, but now I need to work again." That last year was the time she had spent in Tibet in a monastery. There, she had everything she needed as long as she did some exorcising for the monks.

"We are a very busy bar and really need someone who knows what she is doing. You look nice enough, but I need to see your work."

"Sure, I wasn't expecting you to look at me and give me the job right away. How can I prove myself then?"

"I suggest you work this weekend, and then we see if you can manage the stress or not."

"For me, it's alright, but I intend to be paid for those days of work and will need it written about that arrangement."

She had some experience with that scheme. If not careful, she would work those days and not be paid or receive less than what she should. She had fallen for it once but wouldn't fall again. But Kazuo gave her a smile.

"Now I'm sure you have worked in this business before. Ok then, let's put it in the contract. Is that okay for you?"

The job was hers as long as her boss would be pleased with her. But she was confident; it was surely nothing that she hadn't done yet.

Now, she had a meeting with a cop. He was the brother of a friend of a friend of hers who had owed her a favor. The cop would do detective work apart from his job and had been gathering information about Gojo Satoru for (Y/N). They met in a cafe.

"You must be (Y/N), my name is Susumu."

"Nice to meet you, Susumu, and thank you for doing this for me."

"No, it's fine. If my brother asked me this, then I am glad to help. But first, I need to know why you want information about this man."

'He is a cop after all. He probably wants to be sure I'm not a crazy stalker...'

"We were friends once, and he helped me a lot during the time my parents died. We then lost contact, and I want to find him again."

Susumu finds nothing in her expression that would suggest she was lying, so he took out a file. He put some photos on the table, and on them was a tall man with white, spiky hair, a blindfold, and all-black dressed. 'He uses a blindfold now? How eccentric. Well, I guess it goes with his personality...'

"You could have a friend that would be easier to follow. I was barely able to take these photos. Although he uses a blindfold, he can see perfectly fine. It must be made of some kind of see-through material. The information about his workplace and address was all I could find. But that should be enough for you to find him, isn't it?"

It was enough. She would follow him herself. Before she would ask him about what he remembered about her parent's death, she needed to know if he would be willing to share information with someone who was cast out by the higher-ups. She took one of the photos.

'Gojo Satoru, heir to the Gojo clan, one of the three most powerful clans of Japan and probably in the world when it comes to Jujutsu. He has inherited the two powerful techniques, the Limitless and the six eyes, making him one of the strongest jujutsu sorcerers in this era. I only hope he is willing to help me, or else he surely will take me prisoner.'