Truths and some lies

"Time to tell me who you really are."

Satoru finally released (Y/N)'s throat. She leaped forward, but only a bit, because the furious sorcerer wasn't about to let her go. The only thing left for the woman to do was, to tell the truth.

"You know who I am."

"Sure. You're just a friendly bartender with a crazy hobby to absorb cursed energy from curses. Am I missing something?"

"You don't understand. That's not who I am. We haven't just met this year in Tokyo. My real name is (L/N) (Y/N). The first time we met was over 8 years ago in (country)."

She watched as Satoru's expression changed and recognition hit him. She had no doubt that he had remembered the time they met.

"So you did it. You really got stronger."

"Well, a bit. But I'm sure I'm still no match for you."

Flattering would never hurt. His response was a bigger smile.

"That's true, so don't forget it."

New questions were popping up in his mind, but there was one more urgent question than the others that he needed to ask before leaving the graveyard.

"Are you a curse user?"

"It depends."

(Y/N) knew she was trying his patience, but she couldn't show fear to him. She needed him to be curious about her. That way, she hoped he would keep asking her questions instead of just handing her over to the higher-ups. But seeing his unamused face, she added quickly.

"From what I've learned in school, a curse user is a sorcerer or sorceress who has ill intentions towards others. By that definition, I'm not a curse user."

"But?" He inquired.

"But, somehow, the higher-ups have decided to mark me as a curse user just because I went on a journey to find the person responsible for my parent's death."

Satoru pondered her words. The events that led to the death of her parents were strange, he had to admit that. Was somehow one of the elders involved in it and that's why they wanted to stop (Y/N) from snooping around? He ignored that thought for now because it wasn't the right time to think about it. They needed to leave.

Gripping the woman by her arm, he forced her to move in the opposite direction they had come, but (Y/N) complained.

"Wait, my bags!"

The man just gave her a questioning look.

"Please, let me get my bags. It has been over a year since I last spent that much money on clothes. I can't just leave them at the entrance of the graveyard!"

"You for real now? Are you aware that you being a curse user I could kill you without any implications?"

She lowered her head and pouted.

"I know that, but my clothes..."

Groaning, Sarotu turned the other way. He wasn't even sure why he indulged her, but he had to hide his smile at how happy she was about his decision.

*

"Happy now?" He asked her on their way to his apartment.

"Sure, as happy as I could be while being forced to accompany a man with the intent to kill me." She said sarcastically, but her voice was lacking any trace of it.

"If you would like, I could let you change into some of your new clothes before killing you then." He added, just as calm as she did.

Whoever would be listening to them without understanding a word would say they were just having a normal conversation.