Life is unfair

The sky was turning a light pink as the first rays of sunshine hit some of the remaining clouds. (Y/N) woke up and found herself alone in Satoru's bed. She didn't think much about it until some time passed and the man didn't show up.

'Is he already gone?'

Standing up she found her clothes on the bed and began to dress. As she exited the bedroom, she saw Satoru on the couch sleeping.

"Bastard." She whispered.

'Well, he asked if I wanted him to fuck me. I guess that's what this was for him. Just a fuck, no feelings.'

She couldn't be in his house any longer. She needed to go away from there, away from him. She didn't know what she was expecting from the night before, but not this.

'Would it be so awful to sleep next to me? Hell, we didn't even need to snuggle, the bed is big enough for two people to sleep in it without touching each other, so why did he have to be such an ass.'

Frustrated, she took a hot shower once she reached her home to try to relax. Afterward, she still felt tired so she laid down on her bed, ending up falling asleep. Sometime later she woke up to her phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)? This is Shoko, Gojo gave me your number."

Not expecting to get a phone call from the medic, (Y/N) shot up in her bed.

"Shoko, hi. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I was wondering if you could come to see me today and maybe let me take a closer look at your markings?"

(Y/N) thought for a few seconds. She wasn't especially eager to let the medic experiment on her, but that would mean she had an excuse to not show up by Satoru today... After weighing her options, she ended up agreeing to Ieiri.

*

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Come in."

(Y/N) stepped inside Ieiri's consulting room. It wasn't early anymore, so the medic had only little time to experiment on her before she needed to leave for work.

"Hi, Shoko-san." The barwoman used her first name hoping to still have the right to do so. Since the medic didn't argue, she felt some relief.

"Hi, (Y/N)-san. Please take a seat."

Sitting in front of the desk, (Y/N) tried to do some talking.

"It has been a while since we saw each other. My shifts have been a bit duller without you to talk to."

"Why, didn't you find someone else to lie to?"

Her words hurt (Y/N). She understood the medic, but still, she hoped for some understanding back. She thought of the woman as a friend, besides having lied to her. But the lies were only about her name and some of her background, nothing more. The feeling of friendship was true. That's what she told the older woman.

"Ieiri... I'm sorry to have lied to you, but I knew you were a sorceress, so I needed to lie to you too because there was a big chance you knew Gojo. But I really enjoyed talking and getting to know you. I assume Gojo has told you already my motives, seeing that you know my true name..."

"He told me some things... But that doesn't matter now. I'm interested in your markings and how they work. Will you let me study them?"

(Y/N) sighed at her dry answer. "I can't tell you much about them. I have promised not to reveal the secrets of the monastery, but I think you can study them. I'm a bit curious about how they work to be honest."