Who is she?

Satoru was back from a mission abroad. It had taken him some weeks, although the exorcism itself was rather quick. He had taken some time to look around, buy some souvenirs, and have fun. Since he had to do the bidding of the higher-ups, he could as well travel a bit at their expense. But now that he was back, he had to check on his students, so he made his way to the school.

The winter was almost over; the sun was shining today, and the temperature rising lightly. Spring was almost around the corner. He would walk to the school, although it would take him almost two hours to get there because he would stop at his favorite place to get some pastries. Making his way out of the pastry place, he saw a young woman jogging on the other side of the street. She had caught his attention because of her bright pink track jacket she wore. Her tight leggings emphasized her curves nicely, and he let his gaze follow her for a while unsure why.

The next day, he saw the same woman pass by again. This time, it was still near his home, so he got suspicious to see her there. 'Must be just a coincidence.' Then the day after, there she was again. Now he was really suspicious, so the next day he kept an eye on the streets from his home, and when he saw her pass by, he decided to follow her.

She kept a steady pace toward the direction of Tokyo's Jujutsu High. She began to climb the stairs, and he went behind. After a while, she came back down and passed right next to him. He tried to feel her cursed energy, but it didn't seem like she was a sorceress. He just couldn't shake the feeling that there was something about her. She looked familiar, had they met before?
'Is it possible that she hides her cursed energy this well? Maybe if I simulate an attack on her, she will show her true colors...'

As he arrived at school, he searched for his younger student. "Hi, Megumi-kun, I have a mission for you tomorrow."

Megumi was suspicious. Somehow, Gojo was more excited than usual. "What's the mission about?"

Satoru puts an arm over the shoulders of the young sorcerer while walking in the opposite direction his student is going first. "We have to find out if this woman who is following me is a curs user or not."

Megumi sights. This was again one of those missions of his sensei. But he had taught him much, so Megumi felt obliged to do what his sensei told him. Bored and without interest, he asked, "What do you need me to do?"

Satoru smiled. He knew he could count on Megumi, although his enthusiasm was low. "Come tomorrow early to my apartment. I will explain things then."

Satoru quickly left, and then he tried to follow the woman to see if he could first find something out by himself. He teleported himself near his home. If she passed there on her way, then she would go back home, probably. He was watchful of his surroundings, and after some time, he indeed found her. He followed her by teleporting himself. In those shoes, he couldn't run after her.

He followed her home, and from the outside, he observed as she made some stretches to cool down. She then went to the bathroom and began to take off her clothes. Satoru was astonished by the markings on her body. Only when she began to remove her bra did he catch hold of himself and stop watching. He wasn't that perverted to watch her strip completely. He felt the tips of his ears heating up with the view of her almost naked body. She surely was trained; no wonder she could jog such a long distance. But those markings were strange. They didn't seem like a regular tattoo.

He gave her a half-hour until he checked up on her again. She was preparing something to eat in the kitchen and went to her bed where she opened up her laptop and began to write something. From where he was, he couldn't watch the screen to see what she was writing, so he moved to the other side of the building. She was writing an email, but he wasn't able to read it before she hit the send button. While she ate, she watched some show on her computer and afterward took a nap. Satoru was getting so bored waiting for her to wake up, so he looked around and found a pastry shop nearby. Sugar would help him stay focused. From time to time, he would check up on the woman until she finally woke up again. She changed clothes and made herself ready to leave her apartment. He followed her to a bar nearby, watching her work for some time.

'It looks like she has a normal life. Was I maybe wrong about her? But her markings are rather strange,' Satoru struggled with his thoughts. He isn't used to being wrong and just can't admit to himself that maybe he made a mistake and that the woman was indeed a normal human and not a curse user. That's why he wouldn't give up on following her. Tomorrow, he would try with the help of Megumi to uncover her true identity.

The next day, Megumi was really early at his sensei's apartment. He was irritated ringing the bell for the third time when Gojo finally decided to open up. He didn't have his blindfold on or socks. He was wearing a large t-shirt and some sweatpants, a big smile on his lips. In his usual cheerful self, he greets him. "Good morning, Megumi-kun. You came rather early, couldn't you sleep with the excitement of this mission?"

Megumi, now inside of his sensei's apartment, took off his shoes and looked incredulously at the man, capable of punching the older sorcerer in the face just to remove his smug smile. He had made him get there early and now was mocking him... "You said I should come early."

"Ah, but I didn't mean this early. I'm still in my sleeping clothes. You can wait on the couch till I'm ready."

After changing clothes, Satoru made his way to the open kitchen. "Do you want to eat something?"

"No, I'm not hungry."

"That isn't healthy. You're still growing, so you need to eat. Or do you want to stay that short?"

The black-haired teen looked sideways at the white-haired man. "I'm not short. Only because you are taller than average doesn't mean who's smaller than you is short."

Putting two plates on the table, Satoru insisted. "Come on, I hate to eat alone." He had made his student come early so the least he could do was to give him a proper breakfast. He may seem heartless, but he cared. At least he cared for Fushiguro.

As they ate, Satoru explained his plan. "So, I want for you to use one of your shikigami to simulate an attack on the woman who is following me. I will watch her and evaluate her reaction to understand if she is able to sense its presence. If she feels like she is going to be attacked by a curse, then she surely will react."

Only after they ate and Satoru put the dishes in the dishwasher did they go outside. Soon, he pointed out to a woman. "There she comes."

"Are you sure she is following you? It seems she is just jogging."

"Oh, I'm sure." He said smugly, "You can begin now."

Megami summoned his white divine dog and instructed him to attack the woman. He then would call him back before he hit her, but he wasn't fast enough. The dog still brushed her. Satoru was standing on the other side of the street, observing her. Only when the dog touched her she turned around, but that would even a normal person feel.

'She is good, I must admit it.' But he still couldn't believe that this all was a coincidence. Her showing up by his house and the school and looking familiar to him was impossible to be a coincidence. He waved at her and smiled. 'I will find out who you are, even if it takes some time.'